Full-Time Accounting Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you detail oriented, personable, conscientious? If this is you, read on…
A bit about us …. Who is Young Life?
Since Young Life began in Canada in 1954, its staff and volunteers have cared enough to leave the comfort of their adult worlds and enter the arena of high school and junior high school life. These trained Young Life leaders are committed to friendships with kids – no strings attached. We go to teenagers, on their turf and in their culture, building bridges of authentic friendship to communicate God’s love and the Christian message in terms they can understand. With staff in over 40 communities throughout BC, Alberta, and southern Ontario, Young Life of Canada employs more than 120 staff, and works with over 500 volunteers.
To learn more about Young Life – visit younglife.ca.
A bit about the job …..
Young Life is growing! More and bigger areas mean more donors, which means more hands on deck at the National Service Centre to serve our field and property staff. We want you to be a part of helping us reach more kids!
Working alongside the Accounting team you will process donations as well as assist with administrative and office duties that range from speaking with donors and staff on the phone to producing reports in Raiser’s Edge for our Fundraising Campaign team and others.
This is a new full-time position, available immediately. You will report to the Payroll and Income Processing Administrator and learn first-hand about basic accounting, income processing, Raiser’s Edge, and how to laugh while crunching numbers and entering data.
What it’s going to take ….
In a nutshell, here is what is required.
You are ….
• Experiencing a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Excited about loving teenagers and supporting staff who are reaching them with the Gospel.
• Able to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituents using an engaging phone manner.
• Flexible with a positive attitude toward serving, learning and training. Gracious. (re-read this line)
• Organized, convinced that details and accuracy are critical and that excellence is non-negotiable.
• Trustworthy with confidential information.
• Cool as a cucumber when things get stressful or downright chaotic.
• Ridiculously fixated on spreadsheets, details and results.
• Joyful and bring a sense of humour with you to work every day.
• Able to thrive in our relational ministry culture.
• A hard worker who fears no deadline and is always willing to go the extra mile.
• A fan of technology – it gets things done! You fear no database and can make Excel submit to your authority
How to ApplyAre you excited yet? You may apply to this opportunity by sending a cover letter outlining why you are a great fit for this position, along with your resume, to Amanda Stewart, Vice President Human Resources, at email@example.com by Friday, February 6. Questions about the position may be directed to the same email.
293 total views, 1 today