Internship Advocacy Research Intern
The Advocacy Research Intern is part of a team that provides expertise and assistance for MCC Canada’s advocacy efforts. This position is based in the Ottawa Office, which serves as a conduit of information and bridge for relationships between the federal government of Canada and MCC Canada’s diverse constituency. It witnesses to government on issues of peace, justice and human dignity that arise out of MCC’s ministry at home and around the world. The Ottawa Office works with a number of coalitions while trying to bring a unique, Anabaptist perspective to the work of political engagement.
This position is supervised by one Ottawa Office staff person but requires close and ongoing collaboration with other members of the Ottawa Office team. This internship is available on a minimum wage basis ($11.40) from 18.75 hours up to 37.5 hours per week. Due to the short-term nature of this position, relocation policies and benefit package do not apply.
– Enrolled in, or recently completed, a university program in a related field (e.g., political science, international development, history, etc.).
– Research – comfortable engaging new issues and fields of study
– Communication – able to convey complex information in writing and orally for a wide range of audiences; conversant with new media technologies
– Relational – a team player who can engage people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints with sensitivity and tact
– Creative – self-motivated and willing to take initiative in implementing ideas
– Canadian government policy and process
– Social justice issues related to the priorities of MCC
• Fluency in French is an asset.
• Successful police record check.
How to ApplyTo apply before October 31, 2017: Please submit your resume and cover letter directly online. Submitting your application is a two-step process 1. Register to the recruiting online system and 2. Selecting the job vacancy you would like to be considered to. Follow the following link: https://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/advocacy-research-intern-4
492 total views, 1 today