Full-time Assistant Principal
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Mennonite Brethren Collegiate Institute (MBCI) has an opportunity for a qualified person to take on the role of assistant principal on our leadership team. MBCI is a Christian middle and secondary school committed to educational excellence where students learn in an environment nurturing physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
Applicants for this position should:
• Be committed to Christian Education from an Anabaptist Perspective
• Love teaching and believe in success for all learners at MBCI
• Have interest and experience in curriculum development
• Value collaboration with teachers and demonstrate leadership in the area of teaching and learning
• Have knowledge of and investment in project-based learning as a philosophy for teaching
• Be committed to practicing restorative discipline and willingness to do this in the context of a team
• Have knowledge of and support for the practice of formative assessment
• Demonstrate skill in conflict resolution
• Have excellent communication skills and a willingness to make presentations to our community and our staff
• Have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple administrative tasks at the same time
Our new assistant principal will take part in the mission of MBCI by working with the principal, leadership team, staff, students and parents to create an exceptional Christian learning community. Teaching will be included as a portion of this role.
Start date: End of August 2016
o A Christian person with active membership in a Christian church
o Agreement with the MB Confession of Faith
o Preferably Master’s level qualification completed or in progress
o Experience in leadership and/or developing leaders
How to ApplyPlease forward the following documents via email to Andrea Neufeld at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21st. o Resume o Statement of faith (one page) o Statement of learning vision (one page)
676 total views, 1 today