Full-time Associate Pastor
The Associate Pastor is an essential point person who helps steward the overall mission and vision of West Portal Church. We are intentionally seeking an individual with a diverse set of skills, who will engage with our key goals of discipleship, volunteer culture, leadership development and financial health.
Specifically, the successful candidate will demonstrate capable upfront platform ministry, strong pastoral care giving skills, and will be a competent developer of teams delivering key programs and initiatives.
• A maker of disciples – you invest in people and they catch that vision and go on to disciple others
• A heart for seekers and the unchurched- you care about seeing others come to know Jesus. You love Jesus, you have his heart for the lost, you can speak the language that reaches out, not excludes.
• Spiritual maturity – you convey a sense of spiritual wisdom, regardless of your age. People come to you for insight into problems and challenges. You are a person of depth.
• Leadership gravitas – you can speak comfortably and naturally in front of large and small groups. Your own personality comes through. People look to you as a leader.
• Relational warmth- people find you approachable and easy to talk to. You are warm and engaging, and clearly care for people.
• Energy- whether you’re an introvert or extrovert, being around you energizes people. You can cast a vision that gets people excited and motivated.
• Self-starter- you have the ability to get things done. You’ve got a system in place to make sure things don’t fall through the cracks. You follow through on things you say you’ll do. You respond promptly to emails and phone calls.
• Alignment with core values and beliefs of West Portal Church and our denomination, the Mennonite Brethren. You must become credentialed with the MB Conference.
• Sense of humour- we think that it’s important to take Jesus and his message seriously, but not ourselves!
What we offer:
You will lead and work alongside amazing people in our community. They love Jesus and are learning to put into practice what it means to authentically follow Him together.
When asked to describe the kind of team you would be joining our staff responded…“You will join a staff team that is informal, but intentional; casual, but don’t confuse this with lazy. We are unique, diverse, good at what we do, but feel we are great because of what we get to be a part of together (and that’s not something any of us can take credit for). We see diversity as a gift, and value team-based interaction, collaboration, and accountability. We embrace the responsibility of leadership but recognize we do this best when we are also being led…by mentors, other leaders, those with wise counsel, and of course, by the Good Shepherd himself.”
We offer competitive benefits and a pension plan. We encourage and support professional development and continued learning, and provide the technological tools required to do the job.
How to ApplyFor further information or to submit a resume, please contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 306-382-1622 Mail: West Portal Church Attention Search Committee 3134 33rd Street West Saskatoon, SK. S7L6V5
3899 total views, 2 today