Full-time Associate Pastor of Student Discipleship
Associate Pastor of Student Discipleship
Grace Bible Fellowship
“Our Mission is to glorify God as fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ by loving God, loving others, living His Word, and impacting the world!”
To give spiritual oversight, strategic direction, and onsite discipling presence to the student ministries of Grace Bible Fellowship, with accountability to the lead pastor and board of elders. The goal is to make committed, Christ-following disciples of children, junior high youth, senior high youth, and young adults, who will be committed to living missionally and incarnationally. The view is that the Associate Pastor of Student Discipleship and this entire ministry focus, will be another voice for our students, influencing them to see themselves as part of Christ’s active church, as they are becoming like Jesus, being discipled and making disciples, wherever they may go.
This role will involve training and coaching teams of volunteers to be shepherds and ministry leaders for these peer groups throughout the week, and during specified outreach, growth, and ministry training events. These teams of volunteer shepherds and ministers will work with the Associate Pastor of Student Discipleship, to encourage spiritual growth in students, and to train students to make disciples of Jesus among their peers.
The Associate Pastor of Student Discipleship’s job is to train, coach and lead teams; not run these ministries alone.
• A heart for God, a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, demonstrated by humility and godliness as a Christian leader in home, church, and community.
• Able to demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to the Bible as God’s inspired Word, and be a person of prayer.
• Proven ministry and leadership experience preferred.
• The ability to translate vision into reality through careful planning, resource & people development, and management.
• Model a life of balance in work, family and personal growth.
• Has a heart to reach youth and young adults in the community, through training followers of Jesus, to become disciple-makers of their peers, who are committed to the local church as God’s plan for the gospel.
• An understanding of the ever-evolving needs and cultural trends of youth and young adults, and a solid grasp of apologetics to address both within the context of a Biblical worldview.
• Must become an official member of Grace Bible Fellowship and adhere to its vision and distinctives, as well as to the Evangelical Free Church of Canada statement of faith and its qualifying procedures.
• Is credentialed, or is willing to become credentialed, with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, in the Alberta Parkland District.
• Values the importance of pursuing personal and spiritual growth. Understands the value of continued education and study with its application.
• Has Sonlife strategy training or is willing to receive training in it.
• The Associate Pastor of Student Discipleship will have oversight of all ministries for children through to young adults.
• This role will involve facilitating “bridges” between our children’s ministries and youth ministries, and between our youth ministries and young adult ministries.
• This role will involve integrating adults to disciple students, and integrating older students to help in the discipling of younger students, as they are approved and able.
• This role will involve cultivating relationships with parents, and also facilitating learning times for parents of students, to encourage them in their task of speaking into the lives of their own children, as they grow through the stages of life, and modeling what it means to be a convinced follower of Jesus.
• Lead teams to establish ministry vision, goals and objectives annually, and translate them into ministry activities.
• Give input to and maintain an annual budget for each of these ministries.
• Work with support staff to ensure effective communication of ministry and program details, using various media, to better facilitate awareness and involvement. Oversee a database and contact network for youth and young adults.
• Facilitate and oversee the teaching content for these various peer groups, either personally or through approved volunteer teaching staff.
• Facilitate the planning and coordination of extra youth and young adult events on special occasions, such as retreats, conferences, social and mission trips.
• Seek to encourage student participation in wider church ministries.
• Provide pastoral care to youth and young adults when necessary.
• Support and be involved in area-wide youth and young adult events where appropriate.
• Ensure a safe environment for youth and leaders by implementing Plan to Protect principles for our context.
• Prepare a ministry report for the annual meeting.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Participate in Sunday morning church gathering times (sometimes involving preaching, worship, communion, baptisms, announcements).
• Pray regularly for these ministries, and develop a larger prayer base for them.
How to ApplySubmit resume to email@example.com
464 total views, 1 today