Full-time Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
North Fresno Church (NFC), a member of the Mennonite Brethren denomination, is a dynamic, diverse, and established community of faith in an urban part of Fresno, CA. As followers of Jesus, we value and practice discipleship. We also respond to God’s call to join him in mission by serving each other and the youth and families of our socially, generationally, economically and ethnically diverse neighborhood.
About Our Associate Pastor:
We are seeking an Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry that is a passionate and gifted individual that loves Jesus, the church, and serving others to help them mature in their relationship with Jesus Christ. He/she embraces the concept that the church is more than a location or building, and that it is an active body of believers who love and reach their neighbors, communities, cities, and the world in a holistic manner with the life-transforming message of Christ’s grace and love.
• Serve as a member of the pastoral staff giving leadership and direction to the church as a whole, and in developing a ministry to youth and families specifically.
• Lead and oversee all aspects of youth ministry programs and initiatives.
• Train and equip adult and student volunteers and ministry teams.
• Create and lead service opportunities and leadership development experiences for youth.
• Where appropriate, help integrate children into various aspects of church life and ministry.
• Integrate technology and social media effectively and appropriately into youth ministry.
• Exercise general leadership in the life of the congregation as defined by the candidate’s gifts.
• *A broader job announcement and full job description can be found online at the church website.
• Experience in Christian ministry – on paid staff or in volunteer leadership
• Possess a high level of communication and administrative skills
• Ability to equip and train leaders (student and volunteer), work with others to set vision and goals for ministry, and to teach and lead in large and small group settings.
• Demonstrate a passion to serve, and to relate well to youth and parents.
• Embrace an evangelical and Anabaptist understanding of Scripture and approach to ministry.
• Demonstrate personal integrity and a consistent, growing walk with Christ.
• Some postsecondary education required. Bachelors degree or above desired.
How to ApplyThis is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation will be adjusted for candidate’s experience and education. Resumes will be accepted until May 15, 2016, or until position is filled. Please submit a resume along with a letter outlining your interest in this position to: Kevin Dueck, Search Team Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
231 total views, 1 today