Full-time Associate Pastor: Youth and Small Groups
Dalhousie Church is a Mennonite Brethren Church that is located in North West Calgary. We seek to be a Community of Hope through five key areas: Prayer, Kingdom, Generosity, Inclusivity and Restoration. We are seeking a candidate to work with our growing youth group and oversee our Small Group ministry in the church.
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Small Groups will be responsible for giving visionary and administrative oversight to youth ministries as well as coordinating our Small Group ministries. Working alongside the Lead Pastor, they are responsible for:
– Strategic planning and coordinating of weekly youth events.
– Discipleship of the youth group including teaching, mentoring, and releasing into ministry.
– Connecting with and building positive relationships with the parents of the youth.
– Development of strategies to minister to the needs of youth currently in our church, as well as strategies to reach unchurched youth.
– Responsible for building a team of volunteers, mentoring them, and developing their leadership skills.
Small Group Ministry
– Oversight and development of the Small Group ministry of Dalhousie Church.
– Recruit, train and care for Small Group leaders to enable them to thrive in leading their Small Groups.
– Perform other pastoral duties as assigned.
Associate Pastor Qualifications
– Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
– Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Studies preferred
– Some ministry experience preferred
– Must be a strong, visionary leader
– Must be outgoing, highly relational, and fun!
– Must be a team builder and an effective delegator
– Must be an effective teacher and equipper of youth and Life Group leaders
– Must have, or be willing to complete a police check and adhere to Safe Place procedures
Work under the leadership of the Lead Pastor and be excited to work as a member of the pastoral team. Monthly reporting to the Spiritual Leadership Team via pastoral reports. Become a member of Dalhousie Church.
How to ApplyThis is a full time, salaried position that includes benefits. Applications will be accepted until March 1 at which time those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more details, or to submit an application, please write to email@example.com
1006 total views, 1 today