South Abbotsford Church has an opening for a Bookkeeper to join our team on a flexible, part-time basis. The position is approximately 85 hours a month with the opportunity to complete some of the work from home.
- Donations and Other Income: ensuring donations are recorded accurately and other income applied to the appropriate account. This will include preparing deposits alongside volunteers
- Payroll (ADP): including processing semi monthly payroll for approximately 17 employees, ensuring applicable benefits and deductions applied, ROE and T4 preparation.
- Accounts Payable: entering and processing AP including CAFT, cheques, MasterCard and pre-authorized withdrawal
- Reports: preparing monthly reports for Council, Finance and ministry leaders, as well as reports for leadership on an as requested basis.
- Various Finance Responsibility: including Worksafe reporting (annually); T5007, T4A and donation receipt preparation; year end document preparation; GST rebate (semi-annually); ensure that compliance and CRA regulations are kept up with as it pertains to charities.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a bookkeeper, preferably with background in non profit.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, participates regularly in the life of the church and demonstrates commitment to the mission of the church in the world.
- Has a record of integrity in dealing with financial matters in previous employment and a spirit of servanthood as a core value in relationships.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Competency in working with software and hardware.
- Experience with multiple platforms for accounting (Powerchurch), donation entry (Sunergo), payroll (ADP), CAFT (automated funds transfer)
- Flexibility, accuracy, organizational skills, good time management and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clear Criminal Record Check required upon hire.
Please note the above statements are intended to generally describe the nature and level of work being completed by the individual in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
275 total views, 2 today