Full-time Bridge Team Member
The Bridge Drop-In Team Member’s primary responsibility is to develop and maintain strong mentoring relationships with local neighborhood children and youth through the running and coordinating of Inner City Youth Alive (ICYA) outreach ministries. ICYA is a faith based, non-profit organization working in Winnipeg’s North End.
- Develop and maintain overall strategy for impacting neighbourhood North End children and youth through The Bridge Drop-In ministry. An emphasis will be placed on building strong mentoring relationships for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship of local children and youth.
- Act as a point of contact for new children and youth who move into the community
- Participate in Bridge Drop-In three evenings per week including:
- Planning Bible lessons, craft, snack preparation and group activities on a weekly basis.
- Running the Drop-In in a manner where children feel safe and cared for and they are learning basic lessons and truths from the Bible.
- Creating opportunities for volunteers and staff to make meaningful connections with the kids attending Drop-In.
- Communicating, training and caring for volunteers on a regular basis.
- Help development and implement an evangelistic driven program for local children during the summer months, to include recruiting children and the running of the Daily Vacation Bible School program.
- Assist for one week in the summer at Gem Lake Wilderness Camp.
- Help plan community events for local kids and their families like the annual community BBQ and Christmas party.
- Work with other team coordinators in sharing resources, wisdom and experience to benefit the overall Bridge Drop-In ministry.
- Help initiate and run an after school program such as a homework program.
- To operate within the Lifestyle and Morality Standards of ICYA.
- To maintain a vibrant spiritual life and to seek to grow in his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ through reading scripture, praying, and personal discipleship.
- To allow time for spiritual disciplines in his/her life. Quarterly retreats are encouraged for the purpose of prayer, fasting, and quiet reflection. A personal mentor or accountability group is recommended to support him/her in their ministry.
- Raise and maintain his/her own support in accordance to the salary scale of ICYA. Keep ongoing contact with supporters through prayer letters and personal contact.
- To seek out training opportunities that will better equip him/her for ministry.
- Regular meetings with ICYA’s Bridge Director for the purpose of evaluation, supervision, and prayer.
How to ApplyEmail your questions / resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
77 total views, 1 today