Full-time Bridge Women’s Ministry Coordinator
The Bridge Women’s Ministry Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to develop and maintain strong mentoring relationships with local neighborhood women through the running and coordinating of Inner City Youth Alive (ICYA) outreach and discipleship ministries coming out of The Bridge. ICYA is a faith based, non-profit organization working in Winnipeg’s North End.
- Develop and maintain an overall strategy for impacting young women in the North End through The Bridge ministry. An emphasis will be placed on building strong mentoring relationships for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship of local young women.
- Act as a point of contact for young women in the neighbourhood. Meet with them one-on-one and be available in times of crisis and assist in other daily challenges that arise.
- Participate in The Bridge Young Adults Drop-In & Clubs nights including:
- Assisting the night coordinator by planning Bible lessons, craft, snack preparation and group activities on a weekly basis.
- Running the Drop-In/Clubs Program in a manner where young people feel safe and cared for and they are learning basic lessons and truths from the Bible.
- Creating opportunities for volunteers and staff to make meaningful connections with the young people attending these programs.
- Develop and implement a Bible study or other small group program for young women in the community.
- Work with other team members in sharing resources, wisdom and experience to benefit the overall Bridge ministry.
- Help plan community events for local families including the annual community BBQ and Christmas party.
- Participate in planning and running summer DVBS for children in the community.
- To operate within the Lifestyle and Morality Standards of ICYA.
- To maintain a vibrant spiritual life and to seek to grow in his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ through reading scripture, praying, and personal discipleship.
- To allow time for spiritual disciplines in his/her life. Quarterly retreats are encouraged for the purpose of prayer, fasting, and quiet reflection. A personal mentor or accountability group is recommended to support him/her in their ministry.
- Raise and maintain his/her own support in accordance to the salary scale of ICYA. Keep ongoing contact with supporters through prayer letters and personal contact.
- To seek out training opportunities that will better equip him/her for ministry.
- Regular meetings with ICYA’s Director of Programs for the purpose of evaluation, supervision, and prayer.
How to ApplyEmail your questions / resumes to email@example.com.
120 total views, 1 today