Full-time Camp Director
Pines Bible Camp is located 8 kms north of Grand Forks on the banks of the Granby River in beautiful Boundary Country, situated between the Okanagan Valley and West Kootenays. Created from a vision of six men over 50 years ago, Pines continues to host hundreds of children and adults throughout the spring, summer and fall months.
“Our purpose has always been to provide a fun, active, and educational outdoor program for kids, youth, and adults in the beautiful setting that God, our Creator, provides. We want to encourage people to love God, and to examine the Christian faith, in a non-threatening atmosphere. Our desire is that each camper will begin or build a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and that everyone would find that Pines is a place where they could grow.”
Pines Bible Camp Director will be appointed by the Pines Bible Camp Local Leadership Team (LLT) and ratified by the Executive Board of the BC Mennonite Brethren (BCMB) Bible Camp Society. While reporting to the LLT, the successful applicant is chiefly responsible for the overall operation of Pines Bible Camp as laid out in the Camp Directors Job Description.
The position will be held by an individual who is a mature and growing Christian, who senses a call and has a strong commitment and passion for Christian camp ministry.
- RESPONSIBILITIES – Key responsibilities include but not restricted to:
- Provide Spiritual oversight to staff, volunteers and campers
- Be financially responsible in providing financial leadership by developing and managing budgets and monitoring long term strategic fiscal plans
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, insuring applicable laws and standards are adhered to
- Hire, train and delegate camp staff and volunteers. Provide direction to the camp staff and monitor the performance of the camp staff while holding staff accountable to their actions and responsibilities and taking disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Develop and promote Pines Camp in local and supporting churches, schools, the Kootenay/Boundary community, BCMB conferences and also in social media and the camp’s website.
- Provide leadership and direction during critical incidents and emergencies
- Be in an active relationship with Jesus
- Works well within a team
- Maintain confidentiality
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to be credentialed with BCMB conference
- WAGES – Salary to be negotiated. Standard Benefit package included.
- START DATE AND EXPECTATION – September 1, 2018 to fulfill a minimum of five years.
How to ApplyMore info available about job description available upon request. Please contact: email@example.com with requests or questions, or to submit your application.
239 total views, 2 today