Full-time Carmen Program Co-ordinator
Carmen Program Co-ordinator (Grades 4-6)
Youth For Christ Winnipeg – Winnipeg, MB
About Youth For Christ Winnipeg & Rural Youth Drop Ins
Youth For Christ Winnipeg is a team of passionate people, including staff, volunteers, and ministry partners. We are people with a common desire to see young people reach their full potential in every area of life. We are 4,000 donors, 95 staff, mobilizing 300 volunteers to work with more than 6,000 youth through a variety of environments.
Our passion is to combine healthy relationships with creative programs to help young people make good choices, establish a solid foundation for principled living and investigate Christian faith. We want to see young people reach their full redemptive potential.
YFC Winnipeg is a grassroots organization that specializes in meeting the needs of teenagers. The Winnipeg Chapter of Youth For Christ began in 1954 and over time has evolved and matured in its mandate to address the needs of the whole person, where discipleship/evangelism is the primary focus.
In rural communities throughout Manitoba, YFC has Youth Centres that combine healthy relationships with creative programs to help young people make good choices, establish a solid foundation for life, and positively impact their friends.
With a vision to care for the whole person, these centres balance the physical, mental, social and spiritual dimensions of life. The centres serve as a place for students to have fun, make friends and talk about important issues. Besides opportunities to ‘hangout’, there are small group opportunities, special events and trips.
Job Description – Grades 4-6 Program Coordinator
Grades 4-6 Program Co-ordinator
Reporting to this Position:
Carman YFC Volunteers
Participate in the discipleship evangelism of youth in Carman and surrounding area, with a focus on Grades 4-6, monitoring and evaluating all facets of the program. This person will co-ordinate activities of the youth center including recruiting, training and celebrating our volunteers.
• Oversee and co-ordinate activities within the drop-in program.
• Develop and implement effective programs in partnership with the director.
• Oversee and co-ordinate regular Grades 4-6 events.
• Supervise drop-in programming 2-3 nights per week.
• Provide youth with fun activities, quality relationships and spiritual guidance.
• Develop one-on-one relationships with youth at the centre.
• Participate in recruiting and retaining willing and enthusiastic volunteers.
• Provide training, encouragement, care and celebration for volunteers, specifically older youth volunteers.
• Attend appropriate seminars and workshops on youth ministry and current youth issues.
• Participate in setting long and short-term goals and in program assessment.
• Aid director in carrying out annual fundraisers (golf tournament and banquet).
• Raise financial support to cover salary and provide excellent donor care (regular correspondence, phone calls and face to face visits).
• Live in vital union with Jesus Christ.
• Be an active participant in a local church
• Possess a vibrant, mission-minded faith
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Post secondary education preferred. Preference given to those with educational background in Youth Ministry or Biblical Studies.
• Understanding the Christian faith
• At least one year experience working with children and/or youth required.
• Willing to participate in Ministry Partner Development
• Comply with the staff policy manual including code of conduct, statement of faith, and mission statement by signing compliance annually
• Recruit, nurture and inform ministry partners on a regular basis to ensure a solid personal support base
• Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Can inspire and motivate others. Able to instil vision and inspire others to join the cause
• Enjoy working in a team environment
• Excellent organizational and administrative abilities
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to balance work/personal/family life
• Embrace YFC’s core values with a strong heart for youth evangelism
Salary through Ministry Partner Development
The salary of this position, after being determined on a scale based on education and work-related experience, is funded through Ministry Partner Development, which is made possible in two ways: first, by donations made to Youth for Christ from family, friends, and acquaintances of a particular staff member, which enable Youth for Christ to care financially for that staff member; second, by the prayer of others. Ministry Partner Development is literally developing partnerships with others who will come alongside you, pray for you, and care for you. You’ll be amazed by the people who will want to partner with you and stand behind you and the mission of YFC.
Also, Ministry Partner Development acquaints each staff person with a real need to trust God’s provision. We have found that to begin in ministry by having to rely on the supply of our Heavenly Father, brings one face-to-face with the reality of faith. After all, faith is not a thought that surfaces in reflection or anticipation, but is that which occurs in the moment of action. To trust God for money can lead one into the habit of trusting Him for other spiritual essentials.
All successful candidates will receive training through YFC’s national Ministry Partner Development resources.
How to ApplyHow to Apply By applying, applicants understand that Youth For Christ Winnipeg is a non-profit Christian organization with unique employment practices that focus on the Christian faith. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter, indicating the position and where they found the job posting to the Human Resources department at hr @ yfcwinnipeg.ca. Applicants should quote CARMAN PROGRAM COORDINATOR in the subject line. The Human Resources department can be reached by phone at 204 669 4205 or by fax at 204 661 4838. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applicants may be required to complete a pre-interview form. This will help give YFC an idea of who you are and how your previous work experience will contribute to your success in the position for which you applied. Upon completion of the form, Human Resources will review your application and pre-interview responses. If you are selected for an interview, you can expect a phone call or an e-mail from our Human Resources department. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
672 total views, 2 today