NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Bethania Group, a non-profit Mennonite organization, is recruiting for a Chaplain responsible for providing religious and spiritual care and support for the residents, families and staff of Pembina Place Mennonite Personal Care Home at 285 Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB.
This is a one year term, part-time .5 position (37.5 hours biweekly).
Responsibilities of this position include: coordinating and facilitating a wide range of inter-faith services and events that meet the spiritual needs of residents, meaningful interaction with residents, families and staff, identifying spiritual care needs as they arise, assessing, care planning and charting on spiritual care interventions, acting as a liaison between staff, family and faith communities, providing End of Life spiritual care, and contributing and participating in interdisciplinary meetings, programs and in-services.
Required Qualifications include:
– Graduate of a recognized University in a relevant field
– Master of Divinity (or studies in progress)
– Minimum of two advanced Clinical Pastoral Education units moving toward Specialist Certification
– Membership in Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
– CASC competencies for Spiritual Care and Counseling Specialists
– Knowledge of the Mennonite culture/faith
– Current pastoral experience with elderly persons
– Member in good standing in a church and church conference or religious body
– Endorsement by denomination for ministry
– Respectful of the Mission, Vision and Values of The Bethania Group (Please refer to website to view: www.Bethania.ca
– Well-developed communication skills along with good judgment and integrity
– Must possess good physical, mental and emotional health
– Specialist Certification in CASC
– Ability to communicate in American Sign Language
– Education and/or work background in Gerontology
Subject to Criminal Record (including Vulnerable Persons) and Adult Abuse Registry checks.
How to ApplyIf you share Bethania Group's Mission to provide compassionate, outstanding long-term care and affordable housing for seniors, we encourage you to submit a resume with cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications of the position. Please send your resume INCLUDING SALARY EXPECTATIONS by August 21, 2015 to: Kim Newbold, Director of HR, 1045 Concordia Ave. Winnipeg, MB R2K 3S7 Email: email@example.com or Fax: 204.669.5479
260 total views, 1 today