Full-time Chief Operating Officer
Synopsis – Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have responsibility and accountability for the overall strategic and management direction of the Kildonan MCC Thrift Shop (KMTS) ensuring that the mission and vision of the enterprise is achieved in a growth oriented and sustainable manner. The success of the enterprise requires supportive relationships with, and motivation of, KMTS’ many volunteers as well as staff.
• Develops and executes operating policies and procedures to support the overall goals and objectives of the enterprise; appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically reporting results to the Board.
• Directs the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budget development to support the goals and objectives of the enterprise; recommends their adoption to the Board.
• Establishes and monitors control systems for inventory, assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses.
• Manages day-to-day operating activities, including revenue and sales growth, business development, expense, cost and margin control; and monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management.
• Maintain financial controls and accurate transaction records for financial reporting purposes; submitting financial reports to the Board of Directors for approval and audit purposes.
• Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, provincial, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations and in compliance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with MCC Manitoba.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance management team with an emphasis on developing capable management succession.
• Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization; ensures that the interests and welfare of employees/volunteers are preserved and protected.
• Provides effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all aspects of the business operations, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all departments and programs.
• Communicates the organization’s strategy/mission statement to staff and volunteers, and implements appropriate coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with the goals of the enterprise.
• Publicly represent KMTS with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build commitment and support for KMTS’ mission.
The COO must believe in the core values of KMTS and be driven by its mission. As such the COO is expected to exhibit a commitment to personal Christian faith and discipleship, active church membership and nonviolent peacemaking. The COO will demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground that leads to positive change. KMTS is a social enterprise driven by the values of its people (board, volunteers and staff) and therefore experience in managing a “values-driven” organization is highly valued. KMTS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity valuing diversity.
The Chief Operating Officer will be an individual who demonstrates some or all of the following qualifications as developed formally or through relevant experience and informal training.
• Education: Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Retail or the equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 10 years of proven mid- to senior-management experience.
• General Management: A thorough understanding of finance, systems, and human resources; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing; solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
• Leadership and Organization: The capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff/volunteers both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower leaders, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
• Skill: Analytic and decisive decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff/volunteers the key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve goals of the enterprise.
• Communication: Possess strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
• Character: Exhibit passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
• Relationships: Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – internal and external stakeholders, those involved in for-profit and non-profit sectors, and individuals of diverse backgrounds; has confidence to defend/debate ideas with careful consideration for alternate views.
• Achievement: A commitment to excellence in project management with a proven results-oriented track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; the ability to balance service levels against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
• Vision and Strategic Planning: The ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
• Capacity Building: The ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a high performing workforce (staff and volunteers) and the processes that ensure the organization and enterprise run smoothly.
• Action Oriented: Entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
How to ApplyInterested individuals are encouraged to submit resumes before March 15, 2015 to: Kildonan MCC Community Assistance Centre, Inc. Attention: Chair, Board of Directors 445 Chalmers Avenue Winnipeg, MB R2L 2C9
509 total views, 2 today