Full-Time Children’s Ministries Pastor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
General KGF Staff Position Expectations
• Advancement of the overall mission, vision & values of Kelowna Gospel Fellowship.
• Commitment to service. It is expected that your ministry time and personal time be balanced with what is required to support the ministry of the Church and time that is required for yourself and your family.
• Willingness to become a member of KGF.
• Supportive of the church’s leadership.
• Agreement with the Mennonite Brethren confession of faith (www.mbconf.ca)
• Willingness to go through pastoral credentialing with the BC MB Conference. (www.bcmb.org)
• Provide overall leadership of the Children’s ministries at KGF, birth to grade 6.
• Champion the cause of kids at KGF on their journey with Jesus.
• Advance the vision of KGF as it relates to those 12 and under – to create places of belonging
where children can discover Jesus and be equipped to follow Him.
• Discover, raise up, equip and encourage the volunteers working in the various departments.
• Lead a Children’s Ministries Design Team, to help oversee Kids Ministries.
• Coordinate schedules for Children’s ministry volunteers & leaders.
• Oversee the children’s ministry rooms as far as use and vision.
• Facilitate the planning and preparation of the curriculum for all ages of kids ministries on weekend services.
• Create clear lines of communication between all parties involved in Children’s Ministries (staff, volunteers, parents, congregation)
• Look for ways for the children’s ministries to be represented in weekend services / Family
• Be involved in Child Dedication services.
• Work in conjunction with the administration support to ensure all volunteers are properly screened and operating within KGF’s policies for a safe and secure ministry environment.
• Oversee the budget for Children’s Ministries.
• Give oversight to a half-time Children’s Ministries Assistant.
• Collaboration with other KGF staff members for larger projects & ministry impact.
• Network with other Children’s Ministries workers in the city and region.
• Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted from time to time with the agreement of the KGF Church Board.
• Meet with KGF staff on a weekly basis
• Relevant Children’s Ministries education from accredited institution
• Bible College training preferred
• Experience leading Children’s Ministries in a multi-generation church
• Experience developing teams: recruit, equip and encourage volunteers
• Experience in a teaching environment
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, references, and a one page philosophy of ministry, to:
Kelowna Gospel Fellowship Church
Attention Discernment Committee:
3714 Gordon Drive
11 total views, 2 today