Temporary Children’s Ministry Summer Program Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Culloden Church – 6060 Culloden St. Vancouver, B.C. www.cullodenchurch.com
General Statement of Responsibility:
The Children’s Ministry Summer Program Coordinator organizes and serves in kids summer programs including Summer Kids Club, Summer Cinema (Sunday School during July & August), and helping prepare for fall ministry programming. There is also opportunity to serve in other areas of ministry.
– College/University Student between the age of 18 – 28, currently in school full-time and returning to school full-time in the Fall of 2017
– Committed follower of Jesus, and can agree to the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith
– Experience with leading and equipping volunteers for a children’s ministry & summer kids club & the familiarity with resources needed to execute such a program
– passionate, caring, and risk-oriented to see children from the community and the church engage with a fun and gospel centered Summer Kids Club.
– pass a criminal record check to be able to work with children
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Lead Pastor
Terms of Employment:
– 36 hours per week
– 14 – 16 weeks, depending on Government funding approval
– Dates approx.. between Monday May 8 – September 4, 2017
– Sunday: 9am – 12 pm (3 hours)
– Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm with ½ hour for lunch (32 hours)
– There will be extra hours during summer camp (Aug. 14-18). Flexibility will be needed.
1. Coordinate a week long Summer Kids Club in August (August 14-18)
a. Coordinating large group, music, small group, afternoon activities and supervising children
b. Picking curriculum, and planning format, media, advertising and schedule for the Summer Kids Club (age & time of day TBD)
c. Recruiting, organizing and training volunteers from Culloden Church for the Summer Kids Club
d. Assisting with mid-summer outreach events for kids from the neighborhood & friends of the church that can link kids to the Summer Kids Club
e. Coordinating follow-up for the Summer Kids Club
2. Coordinating the Summer Cinema (Kids Sunday School for Ages K-Gr.5)
a. Supervise the program on Sunday mornings
b. Prepare for the program during the week (activities and crafts)
c. Organize the Volunteer Schedule
3. Working closely with the Lead Pastor & other staff & Sunday School Committee Leader to assist in preparing the Children’s Ministry Programs for 2017/2018
4. Participating in the Sunday music team (if skilled musically) in May & June
5. Assist in the planning & participation of the Community Fair on Sept. 4, 2017.
How to ApplySend Applications or questions to: email@example.com Application Deadline: Sunday, April 16, 2017 Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
520 total views, 1 today