Part-time Communications & Administrative Assistant
Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba (MBCM) is seeking a part-time (0.5 EFT) Communications and Administrative Assistant. The selected individual will report to the Communications and Church Resource Coordinator.
Duties will include:
• Copywriting for event promotion, MBCM.ca, monthly praise and prayer guides and other outgoing and internal documents
• Occasional graphic design assistance
• Management of MBCM social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
• Assistance in event planning
• Office administration tasks such as preparing mailings, filing, and coordinating tasks and communications as part of the MBCM team.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who:
• are committed Christ followers
• have post-secondary education in communications
• have formal training in applied office skills
• have proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, and a general working knowledge of Evernote
• have a general working knowledge of WordPress (knowledge of HTML coding and development is not required)
• Complete high school education Manitoba standards, required.
• A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Proficiency with computerized systems (Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel) is essential.
• Experience with email and computerized calendars.
• Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings.
• Ability to record and prepare minutes and agendas.
• Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of secretarial duties.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Position Status: Part-time (0.5 EFT) beginning immediately.
Starting Salary/Rate: $18/hr, with benefits available after 3 months.
How to ApplyIf interested, please submit resumes with minimum three (3) references by September 11, 2015 to Carson Samson at: E-mail: carson(at)mbcm.ca Phone: 204-654-5771 Mailing address: Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba 1310 Taylor Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M 3Z6
330 total views, 1 today