Part-time Community Care Pastor
Community Care Pastor Position
McIvor Ave. MB Church
The Community Care Pastor is a 0.70 position at McIvor Avenue MB Church. He/She is accountable to the church through Council (Executive). The Candidate should be able and willing, together with his/her spouse (if applicable) to become a member of the McIvor Avenue MB Church and support its vision and mission ministry.
To lead McIvor church in a caregiving ministry that is holistic, proactive and responsive to immediate and long-term needs of both the church and neighbourhood communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and continue to develop a Caregiving Model which includes both church and neighbouring community needs
- Lead the Caregiving/Visitation Committee, develop and coordinate the care-giving and visitation ministry of the McIvor Church
- Recruit, develop and train volunteers to ensure the congregational needs are addressed
- Front Line Care
- Serve as the primary responder to those who are preparing for end of life and/or experiencing crisis
- Will include officiating at funerals, grief counseling and facilitating after-funeral care
- Provide referral coordination and or necessary resources for individuals/families in crisis
- Participate in worship services, including occasional preaching, worship leading, church family news and baptismal/membership events
- Passion for Christ, His church, His people and those without Jesus. Displays servant leadership, spiritual maturity, is a team player, is teachable and is a learner
- Able to verbalize a God-given calling to vocational Christian ministry and to articulate a theology/philosophy of ministry that shapes their pastoral engagement
- Demonstrate gifts of a Teacher (Mentor), Shepherd (Pastoral Care) and Administrator
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and Health or Social Services degree, Certificate of Chaplaincy, Spiritual Care or Counseling Certificate required. An alternate combination of education and experience may be accepted
- Minimum 3 years experience of demonstrated effectiveness in care ministries, pastoral work, team and leadership practices
- Must be credentialed (or be eligible) by the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Salary as per 2018 Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba Church Salary Grid.
Closing Date: Applications will be processed as received and the process will close when a successful candidate is identified.
How to ApplyPlease email resumes to: email@example.com or submit to McIvor Avenue MB Church, 200 McIvor Ave. Winnipeg, MB R2G 0Z8, Attention: Corinne Isaak.
184 total views, 1 today