Full-Time Connections Pastor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Connections Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the congregation is connecting with one another and building community through a strong, healthy, and growing small group ministry. This includes development and execution of an annual growth plan, group leader identification and recruitment, small group curriculum development, and ongoing leadership and coaching of group leaders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team in the development and growth of a strong small group ministry fostering community involvement and spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of small group involvement.
- Implement regular team leader and small group participant recruitment methods and processes ensuring a healthy small groups growth rate over time.
- Plan and execute regular small group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between attraction environments and deepening environments (small groups).
- Function as overall leader of all small groups, coaching small group leaders in successful completion of their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Foster a strong, active, growth and recruiting focused network of small group leaders, group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of the church’s small groups ministry.
- Plan and execute regular small group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of small group leaders upon which to grow a strong small groups ministry.
- Create promotional materials and methods that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the small groups ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
- Identify, develop, and/or select small group curriculum and other small group study materials and tools.
- Drive and coordinate periodic book series/corporate small group pushes as part of the church’s weekend service planning and design processes.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in biblical studies or related field is required. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic and ability to administrate. A working knowledge of data based software and social networking web applications is preferred.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Mike Klassen at firstname.lastname@example.org
391 total views, 1 today