Canadian Mennonite University, a recognized Christian university located in Winnipeg, seeks a Controller.
Reporting to the Vice President Administration & Finance, the Controller takes significant responsibility for the monitoring, management and control of the financial resources of the University. The Controller monitors and reports on financial results relative to budget, administers the annual budgeting process, oversees financial reporting, ensures regulatory compliance, and manages the financial statements audit. The Controller provides leadership and supervision to the Finance Department, and fosters a culture of collaboration and service within the department and the University.
– Supervise the staff and activities of the Finance Department, including student billing, overdue accounts collection, payroll processing, accounts payable, cash management, capital assets accounting, grants accounting and reporting, deferred contributions accounting, departmental accounting support, and tax compliance and reporting.
– Monitor and maintain effective internal controls to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the University’s financial information and to safeguard the University’s assets.
Administer the University’s financial information systems, including user access and system configuration.
– Maintain budget and accounting control over the resources of the University, and provide department accounting and reporting support.
– Manage the annual budget process.
– Prepare the year-end financial statements and oversee the financial statement audit.
– Ensure the completion of all other financial reporting requirements including the annual charity return and tax slips; commodity and other tax reporting, Statistics Canada reporting; Financial Information of Universities and Colleges (CAUBO) reporting; grant funding reporting; and corporate returns.
– Manage the University’s cash, foreign exchange contracts, credit cards, and payment services.
– Manage the University’s relationships with banking and lending institutions.
– Administer the University’s long-term leases and related accounting.
– Administer the University’s property and liability insurance.
– A commitment to the Christian faith, the church and the mission of CMU.
– A completed accounting designation or relevant undergraduate degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience in financial management including supervision of staff.
– Experience with accounting software; knowledge of Blackbaud is an asset.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-594-0532. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should submit a resume (PDF or Word document) along with the names of three references, in confidence to email@example.com or Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
957 total views, 1 today