Part-time Director of Development
The Director of Development (DD) is responsible to drive the fundraising tasks in consultation with the Executive Director to facilitate ICYA achieving its mission, goals, and objectives. The Director of Development will be accountable to the Executive Director. The DD will nurture relationships in the business community in order to build financial support for both operating and capital projects.
- Undergraduate degree with familiarity in fund development, business administration, sales & marketing, or project management.
- Familiarity with all aspects of fundraising is required with some planned giving experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with ICYA and its church constituency, and supportive of ICYA’s mission, purposes, and programs.
- Duties in regard to Donor Development
The Director of Development develops the philosophy and long-term strategy for development that includes operational giving and capital campaigns. The DD will initiate and plan meetings with the Development and Marketing Team. There may be future work done in the area of planned giving and endowment development as well. The individual will:
- Plan, implement, manage, and monitor the development program by preparing annual budget and development plans, establishing development goals and reporting progress on a monthly basis through written reports.
- Identify and cultivate prospective donors for cash donations, pledges, estate, and corporate planned giving.
- Keep the Executive Director informed regarding public sentiment in each constituency.
- Direct, coordinate, and assign development activity in coordination with the Executive Director and monitor the effectiveness of the efforts.
- Work in cooperation with the Marketing and Communication Coordinator to ensure materials used for fundraising are updated and relevant.
- Have an intimate knowledge of donor giving patterns in order to schedule meetings with donors at the right time of their fiscal year
- Coordinate all phone calls to thank donors and ensure that all donors are cared for in ways that are appropriate to the level of giving.
- Help identify potential donors and set targets for reaching new donors every year.
- Prioritize, plan, and book all the ED’s donor visitations on a weekly basis in consultation with the Executive Assistant.
- Actively meet with donors on a weekly basis, including prospect research and review, visitation and documentation, cultivation, and solicitation
- Solicit donors for all gifting options including annual gifts, tribute or memorial gifts, sponsorships, endowments, bursaries, capital, and planned gifts.
- Attend all ICYA fundraising events for the purpose of cultivating deeper relationships with donors.
- Duties in regard to Reporting
- Provide a monthly summary of development activity to the Executive Director. (Phone log, donor contact information, other activities)
- Report development activity to ICYA’s Board of Directors at the request of the Executive Director
- Operate within the Lifestyle and Morality Standards of ICYA.
- Maintain a vibrant spiritual life and to seek to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the reading of the scriptures, prayer, and personal discipleship.
- Allow time for the spiritual disciplines in their life. Quarterly retreat times for the purpose of prayer, fasting, and quiet reflection are encouraged. A personal mentor or accountability group is recommended as support in their ministry.
- Seek out training opportunities that will better equip them for ministry.
How to ApplyEmail your questions / resumes to: email@example.com. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
59 total views, 1 today