Full-time Director of Development and Advancement
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a Christian faith based agency that provides relief, development peacebuilding initiatives in over 60 countries. MCC BC carries out local programs that address poverty here in BC and also supports the international work of MCC by generating funds, personnel, and material aid. MCC BC has an operating budget of $13 million with approximately 75 staff and over 3,000 volunteers who serve in thrift shops, relief sales, material aid activities, local programs, fundraising and other areas. MCC BC also has 4 subsidiary enterprises that operate local programs and hold donated legacy investments.
The Director of Development and Advancement is the chief fundraising and marketing officer that provides leadership to donor relations, communications and the advancement of MCC BC toward its mission by collaboratively developing and implementing strategies that generate awareness, relationships, engagement, support and various types of donations from within our constituency and the broader public. The Director of Development and Advancement ensures that activities are focused on approved strategic priorities and are in compliance with standard ethical requirements as well as MCC values, principles and policies.
This is a permanent, full-time (minimum 37.5 hours / week) reporting to the MCC BC CEO/Executive Director and leads a team of 9 staff. Anticipated start date is September 1, 2018.Occasional long evenings and weekend hours will be required. Only applicants legally eligible to work in Canada should apply. For full job description click here
Position will be open until the appropriate candidate is identified.
- All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to personal Christian faith, active church affiliation and non-violent peacemaking.
- Bachelor Degree in related field such as business administration is preferred, a related graduate degree is desired.
- 5 years of experience in fundraising and communications or related experience in marketing, sales public relations, and other promotional activity.
- 3 years of experience in a senior management role, preferably as Director of Development, or in a related field.
- Awareness of best practices in fundraising and communications and the ability to translate principles into effective fundraising activities.
- Expertise in a variety of fundraising methods, including direct mail, monthly donor programs, donor acquisition, major donors, special events, planned giving, and innovation in fundraising.
- Understand and support of the vision, purpose, belief and values of MCC.
- Ability to learn about the context and content of domestic and international program and present it in a clear and compelling manner.
- Solid understanding of the Biblical call to respond to human need, the Anabaptist commitment to peace and justice and the ability to articulate it persuasively.
- Familiarity with the MCC constituency and the ability to network and build relations with constituent donors.
- Strong communication skills as public speaker, good writing skills for reports and stories and a humble listener of those being engaged.
- Effective strategic planner, pro-active problem solver, flexible and open to change.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a creative innovator at a practical level that adds value.
- Excellent inter-personal skills in a collaborative and diverse team environment where leadership is most effective through collegial influence rather than formal authority.
- Appreciation and commitment to fostering equity/diversity in the workplace.
- Approachable, humble, patient, open to criticism, good sense of humour.
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of standard software programs.
- Satisfactory criminal record check for a leadership position relating to a broad public.
How to ApplyClick here to submit your resume and cover letter. Once you have registered, please make sure to select the Director of Development and Advancement position. For more information, contact Sophie Tiessen-Eigbike, MCC BC HR Manager @ 604-850-6639, Ext 1129.
190 total views, 1 today