Full-Time Director of Development
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg, Manitoba invites nominations, applications, and expressions of interest for the position of Director of Development. Reporting to the Vice President External, the Director of Development is responsible to oversee and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy and program to financially support the mission of CMU.
- Lead a dynamic donor and alumni visitation strategy to identify and qualify existing and new donor prospects and solicit financial gifts to support CMU’s mission and vision.
- Grow CMU’s donor base through regular personal interaction, targeted communications, and special activities that foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Assess and analyze long-term funding needs and work collaboratively in developing longer term strategic fundraising plans and lead in actively implementing strategic goals.
- Ensure data driven evaluation of all fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Lead the Department in donor visits and contact; mentor staff in Development and effectively represent CMU within diverse support constituencies and publics.
- Proven leadership experience in fundraising, planning and administration, preferably in an academic setting and exceptionally strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to CMU’s mission and vision; strong familiarity of CMU’s Mennonite Brethren, Mennonite Church Canada and other support constituencies; active involvement in a congregation.
- Master’s degree plus related experience, or a combination of equivalent training and experience at an upper level of responsibility.
- Openness to frequent travel requirements, both locally and in other provinces; ability to cope with the stresses associated with achieving financial fundraising targets.
How to ApplyStart Date: May 1, 2014. Review of applications will begin on March 1, and will be accepted until this position is filled. Inquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-487-3300. Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to: email@example.com or Director of Human Resources Canadian Mennonite University 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
270 total views, 2 today