Full-time Director of Information Technology
Anticipated start date October 2016
The Director of Information Technology (IT) provides a robust information technology environment for the organization. Primary responsibilities include strategic planning, network management, data maintenance, security and support. The Director of IT reports to the Vice President Administration & Finance, sits as a member of the IT Committee and supervises the IT Department.
• In collaboration with the Vice President Administration & Finance, develop and recommend to the IT Committee an IT strategy that supports CMU’s mission in light of changing external conditions and internal requirements.
• Manage IT resources across the university within approved budget, and ensure that the allocation of IT resources is appropriate.
• Supervise the IT Department including student assistants, and ensure that all critical areas of responsibility are addressed. Identify and arrange for external service providers when needed.
• Maintain relationships with external consultants and suppliers and negotiate agreements.
• Take ownership of the university’s IT Acceptable Use Policy, monitor compliance, periodically review the policy, present proposals for amendments when needed, and report policy breaches.
• Manage and ensure the reliability of the networks of the university.
• Develop solutions to ensure appropriate access for all relevant internal and external users.
• Provide tools for users to manage, store and distribute data in ways that are useful to them.
• Manage the storage and back-up of institutional data.
• Protect the IT infrastructure and critical data of the university.
• Maintain current knowledge of security threats, and provide effective response to critical items.
• Ensure that the university sustains a suitable and actionable disaster recovery plan.
• Ensure the availability of appropriate helpdesk, desktop, phone system, email and audio/visual user support. As part of a small department, the Director will need to assist as required.
• Provide IS-related assistance to key departmental users.
• Provide employee communication and training with respect to changes in the IT environment.
• Deliver all major hardware and software upgrades and implementations.
• Monitor customer service levels and customer satisfaction, and ensure that a customer-service mindset remains pervasive in the IT Department.
• A commitment to CMU’s mission and to a Christian church congregation.
• A post-secondary degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or a combination of relevant certifications and work experience.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to supervise and be part of the IT team.
• Ability to prioritize work, and to deliver results within budget constraints.
• Desire to understand user needs and to ability to communicate effectively with the university community.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience installing, configuring and managing networks at both hardware and software levels.
• Knowledge of current security risks and practices.
• Knowledge of SQL, Exchange, Cisco phones, Windows Servers, video conferencing and audio visual systems would be an asset.
• Able to cope with the stresses associated with maintaining an institutional IT environment.
• Able to lift and carry moderately heavy items and to manage the physical demands related to installing and servicing IT resources.
• Willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule, and to provide support or project implementation outside of regular work hours.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-594-0532. Applications will be reviewed and accepted upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Human Resources Canadian Mennonite University 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
940 total views, 4 today