Part-Time Director of Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Director of Operation’s primary responsibilities include the planning, development and implementation of all Operations that support our Church Gatherings, Ministries and Missions. This role serves as the primary point of contact and accountability for finance, human resources, process and database management, volunteer systems, and risk management and office management issues. Recruits and supervises staff or volunteers who perform many of the functions listed below.
• University graduate in Business, organization management or accounting preferred.
• Equivalent work experience in a related field would be considered.
• Approximately five years or more of working experience in a management/supervisory position with a proven track record in leading/managing an organization, business or large department within an organization.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and has the ability to deal effectively with the congregation and public at large; representing WSG’s mission, vision and values in a professional manner.
• Understands the dynamics and disciplines of people, processes and systems within a local church setting that also functions as a not-for-profit corporation in Quebec.
• Practices the Christian faith and is gifted with excellent leadership, organizational, communication and stewardship skills.
Directly reports to the Lead/Executive Pastor.
Initially works 16-20 hours per week. Salary to be determined.
1. Strategic Planning
• As part of the Leadership Team, may be called upon to lead strategic planning sessions and/or organize external facilitation of WSG’s annual planning cycle to support ministry growth initiatives.
• Coaches and supervises all staff members and volunteers; sharing the vision, mission, and strategic plan with employees and volunteers involved in Operations.
• Develops and maintains the official version of the most current Strategic Plan for easy access and communication by the Leadership Team.
2. Financial Management
• Manages and develops the WSG Funding Plan in collaboration with the Finance and Leadership teams.
• Directs all functions of financial management, including accounting, to assure full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as generally accepted accounting principals and communicates expectations to staff/volunteers.
• Manages cash-flow and assets in accordance with the budget and other guiding principles established by the Leadership Team.
• Accountable for the annual budget planning process.
• Responsible for monitoring all bank accounts and depositing funds in the banks and responsible for monitoring all accounts receivables and payables for timely receipt and payment.
• Assures the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements and special reports, including an annual independent audit, in accordance with policies established by the Leadership Team.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate donor records; preparing information to be incorporated into quarterly and annual giving statements; and completing government filings including tax returns, non-profit reports and donor tax receipts.
• Provides recommendations and administrative assistance to the lead Pastor for stewardship campaign efforts; including the introduction of new payment options in response to changing technology.
• Initiates an annual review/audit of all financial processes and procedures for efficiency and integrity.
• Maintains a high standard of ethics and accountability for all people involved in Finances.
• Leads and/or coordinates ‘Financial Peace’ and ‘Generation Change’ workshops on an annual basis as part of the spiritual formation or discipleship of our congregation.
3. Human Resources
• Prepares and maintains job descriptions for staff and volunteer positions.
• Ensures annual performance reviews are completed for all employees and completes annual salary and wage review.
• Champions Benchmarking activities, as required (e.g., Salaries; taxable benefits; training & development programs, etc.) Documents benchmarking process for standardization purposes.
• Recommends cost management and compliance changes to employee’s salary & benefits interfacing with CCMBC Payroll staff, as required
• Approves all operational staff leaves, absences, training, etc. Interfaces with CCMBC Payroll Department, as required.
• Shepherd the growth of the Operations ministry through intentional recruitment of volunteers, delegation, mentoring and coaching.
• Develops new/enhanced volunteers systems to attract and retain highly qualified and/or gifted volunteers.
• Develops rewards/recognition processes for staff and volunteers. Presents to Leadership Team for approval and implements on an annual basis.
• Ensures SHAPE profiles are communicated, completed and updated on a regular basis to facilitate the recruitment/matching of skills to job/project requirements.
4. Risk Management
• Maintains an appropriate level of insurance for the church, including all policies (i.e., property, liability, workers’ compensation, etc.).
• Performs competitive cost and service reviews of insurance annually.
• Maintains a relationship with and acts as the liaison with legal counsel, as required for issues associated to Incorporation, etc.
• Interfaces with all leaseholders ensuring obligations associated with potential liability are well known and that WSG is compliant.
• Ensures that Police Checks are performed for all volunteers interfacing with children both within the Church environment and as part of our outreach programs.
5. Process / Database Management
• Maintain an accurate and reliable database of all members, volunteers, guests and vendors that enable tracking of attendance, giving, service, SHAPE profiles, accounting records, etc. This information is currently resident on the Churchtrac system.
• Manage user profiles and access rules in order to protect privacy of donors, etc.
• Ensures that the Planning Centre online (PCO) tool is kept current for use by staff and volunteers when planning Sunday Gatherings and special events.
• Think creatively to streamline and document all administrative/operational processes to facilitate comprehension, training and transition of responsibilities amongst staff/volunteers.
• Oversight and development of The WSG’s technological capabilities and communication strategy and infrastructure; including website and social media.
6. Other Responsibilities
• Participate in Leadership Team meetings, as required.
• Manages location rentals and leases on behalf of Westside. Is primary contact for renewals, price changes, etc. Interfaces with the Location Team committee as appropriate.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
• Continue professional growth in a leadership role of finances, fundraising, audit, human resources, facilities, risk, process, database and office management.
How to ApplyPlease send your letter of application and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
241 total views, 2 today