Full-time Donor Relations Officer
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is recruiting for a Donor Relations Officer to join our team. MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
This position exists to increase financial support for MEDA from new donors, existing donors, and others in North America and Europe, with focus on donors giving between $500 and $5,000 per year. This mid-level Donor Relations Officer will be part of a team to represent MEDA and develop and implement a variety of fundraising strategies. The Donor Relations Officer will also act as a key liaison with the MEDA Network and Chapters in their respective region and will leverage MEDA resources to assist with their planning and execution of events and activities. Targets and results will be shared with the Senior Development Officers in the region, as will the base of donors.
- Job Status: Full-time, permanent
- Start Date: July 1, 2018
- Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Resource Development/Donor Portfolio Management (80%)
• Contribute to meeting team revenue targets by raising donations and investment funds for MEDA programs by developing relationships with new and existing donors/members and investors.
• Out-bound contact with current and potential intermediate level donors to grow their giving to MEDA.
• Leverage quarterly Marketing Communications direct mail stream to promote giving to thematic areas.
• Support approximately 500 donors with a total giving of about $750,000 and aim to grow giving by 20% year over year. As higher capacity donors are identified, facilitate an introduction and, as appropriate, a smooth transition of relationship to a Sr. Development Officer. Engage additional donors where Sr. Development Officers identify that certain donors are more appropriately served via a phone-based relationship.
• Maintain professional and caring contact with donors/members/investors to build relationships through personal contacts, phone conversations, written communications, social media, chapter meetings, church settings, conferences and other suitable means.
• Manage supporter identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation for intermediate level donors as well as recognition and stewardship of all MEDA donors.
Constituent Engagement/Department Support (20%)
• As part of the Resource Development team, assist in planning and implementing fundraising strategies to achieve long-term commitment, confidence, trust and financial support.
• Support for the entire MEDA Resource Development team in the areas of donor cultivation, research, stewardship and special events.
• Represent MEDA at activities in churches, conferences, schools, special events and chapters to provide “MEDA education” to existing members and bring awareness about MEDA to others. Leverage and promote tools and resources developed by MEDA for use in the MEDA network.
• Regular domestic travel (approximately 10-20% of the time).
Education: University degree in fundraising, communications, marketing or related field.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years of demonstrated experience in not-for-profit fundraising or relevant other experience.
Technical: Proficiency with multi-media presentations, word processing/spreadsheets and MS Outlook.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A passion for people and for MEDA’s mission
- Highly motivated, self-started, achieving results with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and skills in business principles with emphasis on marketing/sales
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills in relationship building, active listening, communication and moving people to action
- Knowledge and understanding of MEDA’s constituency (Mennonite, Anabaptist and Christian business professionals)
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to ApplyApply from our careers page www.meda.org/careers
51 total views, 5 today