Full-time Executive Assistant
1. Position Information
- Position Title: Executive Assistant
- Reports to: National Director, Elton DaSilva
- Direct Reports: none
- Start Date: August 1, 2018
- Term: Full-time
2. Scope of Position
The executive assistant is a full-time position that provides administrative support to the national director, Elton DaSilva. Included in this is administrative support to the CCMBC Executive Board and the Board of Faith and Life.
Elton DaSilva, national director
4. Limitations of Authority
This position has authorization through the CCMBC national director. Limitations are as follows:
- Expenditures are to stay within approved budget amounts, unless otherwise authorized by the national director.
5. Key Responsibilities
- National Director: Responsible for all aspects of the national director’s personal administration needs. This includes scheduling (booking appointments, integrating work and personal calendars, and tracking personal time), making travel arrangements, recording expenses, managing correspondence, and planning events as needed.
- Executive Board: Responsible to the Executive Board for document preparation, logistics and travel management (hotel, meals, flights, etc.), and minute-taking at meetings.
- Board of Faith and Life: Responsible to the Board of Faith and Life (BFL) for the same tasks before and during meetings as mentioned under Executive Board.
6. Expectations of Responsibilities
Work to be completed in a timely manner with excellence. Professionalism in appearance and interaction with others. Ability to travel required (4-6 times/year).
7. Professional/Technical Background
Administrative experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word. (Previous knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is an asset, but training could be provided.)
8. Skills and Attributes
Strong written and verbal communication skills, time-management and organizational abilities, flexibility, problem-solving expertise, investigative initiative, and a teamwork ethic. (The executive assistant will work in collaboration with people in other provinces.) This person must be able to work independently. A knowledge of the MB culture is desired.
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours/week, eligible for the regular benefits as per the CCMBC human resources policy.
How to ApplyAll interested applicants should provide a cover letter and resume by email to Elton DaSilva at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received until a qualified applicant is found. To learn more about the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches please visit: www.mennonitebrethren.ca
203 total views, 1 today