Full-time Executive Coordinator
This position supports the MCC BC Executive Director in agency wide duties related to MCC BC operations, including routine administrative duties, preparation for leadership team and board meetings, collaboration with national and international MCC operations, and relating to the MCC supporting constituency. In this role, the Executive Coordinator needs to maintain collaborative working relationships with individuals and groups that relate to the Executive Director.
This is a full-time salaried position, accountable to the Executive Director.
General office hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship;
active church membership; and biblical nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
Documentation: Satisfactory police record check will be required.
The successful applicant will have several years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Project Manager or a related role that requires excellent organizational skills, analytical abilities and collaborative working relationships, with a high degree of proficiency and or willingness to learn in the following areas:
Organizational awareness: A solid understanding of the activities of MCC BC, a general awareness of the activities for MCC as a whole, and the initiative to be a pro-active learner. In addition to learning about operational activity there is also the need to understand decision making processes of MCC that relate to the Executive Director such as the function of AGM, Board, Committees, and Leadership Team and the broader MCC organization.
Initiative: Ability to take the initiative and anticipate tasks that need attention, know when to ask for advice and consent, develop systems to track action items for the Executive Office and follow up with the Executive Director.
Communications: Good listener, ability to follow key issues and summarize, strong oral and written communication skills, good speed and accuracy in entering data and developing reports, good spelling and proof reading, ability to take minutes for various meetings and draft correspondence.
Working Relationships: Ability to establish, sustain and foster pleasant and effective working relationships with the team in BC, MCC counter parts, community leaders, pastors and constituents to assist the work of the Executive Director. Healthy and pro-active approach to problem solving in working relationships.
Teamwork and Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team, with some tasks being highly integrated with the work of the Executive Director, working in a supporting role in most responsibilities and take the lead role in some areas.
Problem solving: ability to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making, ability to identify problems and to present solutions.
Planning and organization: Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to take general direction and anticipate details that will need attention; ability to create a system to organize information and track priorities.
Technical expertise: proficiency and ability to learn standard office equipment, information technology, and computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, power point and others, able to format documents for presentation, good trouble-shooting abilities.
Job Synopsis This position supports the MCC BC Executive Director in agency wide duties related to MCC BC operations, including routine administrative duties, preparation for leadership team and board meetings, collaboration with national and international MCC operations, and relating to the MCC supporting constituency. In this role, the Executive Coordinator needs to maintain collaborative working relationships with individuals and groups that relate to the Executive Director.
This is a full-time salaried position, accountable to the Executive Director. Only those candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada should apply.
General office hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Challenges Occasional long days
Key Responsibilities General Responsibilities:
• Support the Executive Director in all areas and handle a wide range of sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality as appropriate
• Develop positive relationships with staff, volunteers, board members, donors, pastors, churches, community partners and the general public in a manner that is in keeping with the role and MCC values.
• Participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other functions and on occasion lead devotions if requested and able.
• Attend MCC functions and act as a representative to donors, constituents and the general public when hosting at events and handling general inquiries.
• Support the Executive Director in developing the agenda and priorities of the Leadership Team and participate in meetings, as needed.
Meetings, Minutes and Follow-up
• Plan and implement logistics related to the Annual General Meeting, including official notice, tracking delegates, on-site registration, arranging catering, setting up displays and assisting with the coordination of workshops, speakers, sound systems, audio visual equipment and other items as needed.
• Coordinate the compilation and distribution of the AGM package in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Prepare for board meetings, including formatting and distributing of materials provided for board packages, confirming attendance, coordinating refreshments, taking minutes, tracking action items, and assisting the Executive Director with priorities and action items for follow-up.
• Prepare for committee, staff and leadership team meetings, including scheduling, reserving meeting space, taking minutes and assisting the Executive Director with priorities and action items for follow up.
Coordinating Schedules and Communications
• Help track and schedule meetings for the Executive Director related to the Board, Committees, Leadership Team, staff meetings, Canadian Senior Staff, Canadian Round Table, Executive Director Network and others as needed.
• Track leadership team vacation and away schedules to help ensure coordination.
• Help monitor incoming communications to the Executive Director (mail, e-mail, fax, phone), assist in tracking action items and priorities that need attention by the Executive Director, and assist with follow-up as requested.
• Record keeping for the Executive Office including paper and electronic files for the Executive Director, keeping the official records for the AGM and Board, as well as organizing other resources and information as needed.
• Coordinate culling, storage and access to the official Archives of MCC BC under the general supervision of the Executive Director and relevant MCC leadership team members in keeping with MCC policy, and agreements with the Mennonite Historical Society.
• Assist with the organization of the resource library at the MCC BC office for staff and general use.
• Track, enter data and generate reports related to speaking engagements and other activity at churches and other venues for the Executive Director and other staff as needed.
• In collaboration with Advancement, track and maintain database of contact information for pastors and churches to enable periodic communications by the Executive Director.
• Maintain contact information as needed for the Executive Office.
Constituency Relations and Special Events
• Lead in organization of events and activities where initiated by the Executive Office, including promotion, invitations, booking and setting up space, making arrangements for food, and other meeting logistics.
• Assist with the preparation of presentations, including research on topics, assembling power points and other presentation materials.
• Assist with donor and constituency inquiries when needed; assist with the creation of promotional materials as requested and able.
• Assist with calls and inquiries from donors, articulating MCC’s mission and values, as needed.
Planning and Reporting
• Collaborate with the Executive Director in the planning process by coordinating the input for the annual plan with the Leadership Team and other direct reports, formatting data and narrative reports for presentation to the Leadership Team and Board, and develop the same for the MCC Canada planning and reporting format.
• Initiate the collection and formatting of data for the quarterly dashboard report and annual reports for the Board of MCC BC as well as collecting and formatting data for the annual report to MCC Canada. Provide a critical eye to the relevance of data and make suggestions to improve the value of planning and reporting.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director in the development of the annual enterprise risk management plan by coordinating input from the leadership team and other direct reports who are risk managers, and initiate the collection of data and narrative information for the risk management report. Monitor risk management expectations of MCC in general and the filing of risk management plans and reports with MCC. Provide a critical eye to the risk management plans and provide suggestions for improvements.
General Administrative Support
• Provide routine trouble shooting for computer programs for the Executive Director as needed.
• Assist with general administrative duties such as making travel arrangements, submitting expense claims, and booking meeting rooms, equipment and vehicles, as needed.
• Arrange accommodations for MCC guests, as needed.
• Provide back-up for receptionist coverage during breaks or illness when needed.
• Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
How to ApplyTo apply, please go to: https://mcccanada.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/executive-coordinator-mcc-bc
433 total views, 1 today