Full-Time Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC) is a Christian charitable organization that comes alongside people living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and intellectual disabilities, and those currently or previously incarcerated, helping them to achieve a better quality of life for themselves and their communities. IJC is currently seeking an Executive Director whose leadership and lifestyle reflect the mission statement and values of the organization, and who can take the agency to the next level.
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) directs operations and provides visionary leadership to the organization. The Executive Director is committed to restorative justice issues and processes, and is an innovative fundraiser with excellent networking abilities. S/he is a successful administrator who works collaboratively, and is able to work toward strategic goals while managing administrative details. This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
• Personal commitment to the Christian faith and actively involved in a faith community
• Relevant post-secondary education
• 5 years or more progressive management experience in a voluntary sector organization
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/charitable organizations
• Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation applicable to voluntary sector organizations
• Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities for relating to the mission of the organization
• Grounded in restorative justice principles
• Solid track record with fundraising to meet the financial needs of the organization
• Experience working with volunteer Boards and committees
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
• Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, ensure own behaviour and behaviour of others is consistent with standards and values of the organization
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, internally and externally
• Strong written/verbal communication skills required including public speaking and presentation skills
• Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients
• Team leadership and management skills, including initiative, team player, prioritization and planning
• Creative development skills, including marketing, in order to raise funds required
• Skilled at setting priorities, developing work schedules, monitoring processes and tracking details, data, information and activities
• Demonstrated problem/ conflict solving skills
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
• The applicant will be required to obtain a Criminal Record check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry check
How to ApplyThis is a full-time position. Application deadline is June 30, 2014. For a full job description and details of how to apply please visit http://www.initiativesjc.org/index.php/involvement .
268 total views, 2 today