Full-time Executive Director of Partner Relations
- Work closely with President and CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team in leading all aspects of the work of Compassion Canada.
- Explore and develop partnership paths with churches, denominations, ministry associations, event promoters, businesses, donors and influencers
- Work closely with, and serve as an active member of, Compassion International’s Global Marketing and Engagement group (GME) to share best practices and explore joint venture initiatives.
- Throughout all aspects of this work, provide spiritual and professional development for all members of the team while fully living out the organizational values.
- Develop and execute an organizational acquisition/fundraising plan, in collaboration with organizational stakeholders, that supports acquiring new child sponsorships and donations through frontline relationships, experiences, and events.
- Conduct research and advise the organization on competitive trends, threats and opportunities related to area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the cross-functional process to develop, execute, assess and improve the corporate strategy.
- Work closely with Engagement to integrate the efforts of supporters interested in local volunteer opportunities.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure frontline teams are supported and plans are integrated.
- Recruit and manage both internal human resources and external service providers to achieve success.
- Five to seven years of proven experience in a similar or related role that includes strategic planning, fundraising/sales management, partner development, and people management.
- The ideal candidate will bring a background complete with educational credentials in Not for Profit management, Business, or Public Relations.
- CFRE designation would be welcomed.
- Expertise in fundraising and/or sales and strategic planning.
- An in-depth knowledge of church denominations and giving trends in Christian culture.
- Skilled in developing a results-oriented environment.
- Ability to build and deepen partner relationships, while finding new and creative ways to increase Compassion’s reach and influence.
- Wisdom, discernment, and integrity.
- Exceptional people management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Highly collaborative and able to build a flourishing team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Honed communication and presentation skills.
- A consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a servant heart
- Position based in London, Ontario, but open to relocation for suitable candidate.
- The ability and willingness to travel locally, nationally, and internationally is expected within this role.
To be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision. Able to serve other departments putting a strong emphasis on internal customer service.
Abilities and Knowledge Required
- The ability to mentor/coach/supervise others toward new levels of effectiveness.
- Skill in appropriate goal setting and requisite development of personnel.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- A mature experience with Jesus Christ as outlined in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
The tenure for this position will be performance based and regular review intervals will define and measure performance requirements. The first review will take place after the first six months of employment with Compassion Canada.
Received: President and CEO
Given: Frontline Partner Development Teams, including Church Relations, Events and Ambassadors, Donor Relations and Planned Giving.
Within: Executive Leadership Team and Staff
Without: Sponsors, Donors, Partners, and Service Providers
Since Compassion Canada is a church-based ministry, both in Canada and abroad, each employee should be a member in good standing of a church that is in agreement with the Statement of Faith of Compassion Canada. Since it is expected of our donor base that we operate as a Christian ministry giving honour to Jesus Christ, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular chapel services and corporate prayers.
- Pray with donors when requested by same or when deemed appropriate with donor’s permission. (This will apply to some positions more than others).
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace.
- Promote the Christ-centred, child-focused and church-based approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has put into practice.
How to ApplyThe online application will be processed by Philip J.W. Smith & Co. It will allow you to apply to this role as a complete candidate, not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and culture fit, and should take 10–15 minutes to complete. For 'Apply Now' Link please visit: https://www.compassion.ca/employment/executive-director-of-partner-relations/
Note:The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the person so classified. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for further discussion. Philip J.W. Smith & Co. provides accommodations to applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact their recruitment team via email at email@example.com or call (416) 312-6632.
144 total views, 2 today