Full-time Facilities Manager
Inner City Youth Alive is a faith-based charity located in Winnipeg’s North End neighbourhood. We serve our community through various programs that meet the needs of kids, youth and their families living in the North End. The successful candidate will work with a diverse team of administrative and program staff members, plus the many individuals who volunteer on a regular basis.
Reporting: This individual will report to the General Manager.
- Familiarity with mechanics plus general building maintenance and repair.
- Ability and willingness to work together as a team with staff and volunteers.
- Willingness to spend an occasional weekend, or week, at our wilderness camp location for start-up, general operation, and end of season closing down for both winter and summer camps.
- Able to coordinate groups of people to accomplish larger tasks, particularly at our camp.
- Driver’s licence required; Class 4 and boat licence preferred.
Inner City Youth Alive is looking for a person with a heart for the poor and marginalized in society, possessing gifts of helps or service. This person would ensure that both facilities and vehicles in the city and at camp are well maintained, repaired, and ready for program use. The expectation for this position is a minimum 40-hour workweek with the normal schedule being Monday to Friday, 9-5 at our Winnipeg location. Occasionally an evening or weekend call may be required for special events or emergencies, and duties at our wilderness campsite will necessitate several weekends or weeks at this remote location, however it will be spread throughout summer and winter.
- Maintain our three-story facility on Aberdeen Avenue, which, besides normal maintenance requirements, experiences regular vandalism and occasional break-ins.
- Provide supervision to the cleaning staff, which may include youth.
- Conduct/oversee maintenance and repair of vehicles, including two 15-passenger vans, various vehicles, trailers, and 44-passenger bus.
- Oversee facilities and property at our isolated camp (for about 30 people) on an island in Nopiming Provincial Park with consideration given to leave as little of an impact on the environment as possible. Maintenance at the site will be conducted in the summer and winter months. Operations include solar panels, small wind generator and gasoline generator for electricity, a small gas powered water pump, propane hot water tank and kitchen appliances, wood stoves, and a compost toilet, as well as the buildings. A satellite phone is provided in case of emergencies.
- Maintenance of recreational vehicles, including a quad, boats and snowmobiles.
- It is not expected that all repairs will need to be complete by the Facilities Manager but outside resources can be enlisted as well.
How to ApplyPlease send your questions and/or resume to Dory Richards at email@example.com or call 204-582-8779.
132 total views, 2 today