Part-time Family Ministries Pastor
McIvor Ave. MB Church
Title: Family Ministries Pastor (0.75 FTE)
Purpose: To provide leadership to dynamic children’s and junior high ministries by partnering with families to reach and disciple children and junior high students, in partnership with the Family Ministry teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Role model servant leadership that brings others alongside
- Oversee and provide direction for the Family Ministry Teams.
- Lead and equip Family Ministry Teams
- Children: Supervised Playtime, Kids’ Church, Exchange Kids, Girls’ Club and Boys’ Club
- Junior Highs: The Exchange Junior High, Junior High Youth Night
2. Spiritual Formation
- Connect children age 0-13 to an authentic experience of Jesus Christ and the McIvor Church community
- Oversee curriculum choices for children’s programs
- Lead the church community in celebrating faith decisions related to children and junior high students (commitment to Jesus, child dedication, baptism)
- Occasional involvement in worship services (children’s features, worship instruments and flags, community news and prayer)
3. Equipping the Children’s Ministry Teams
- Develop and work with teams to dream, strategically plan, implement and evaluate Family Ministries on an ongoing basis
- Recruit volunteers, build relationships and coach team leaders
- Provide regular training and development opportunities for teams through ongoing input, accountability and resources
- Encourage future leaders through recruitment and mentoring
- Understand and promote McIvor Family Ministry policies.
- Prepare the Family Ministry annual budgets.
- Prepare a monthly Family Ministry report for Council.
- Screen Family Ministry volunteers and implement safety procedures in accordance with safety policies including database recording, follow-up interviews, etc.
- Oversee safety policy and procedure training for all McIvor volunteers working with vulnerable sectors.
- Track children and junior high students participating in the various Family Ministry programs.
5. Family-based ministry
- Participate in opportunities (family-based events) that will foster and support healthy relationships, spiritual conversations and God-honouring parental leadership in families of attending children and Jr. Highs, and by extension, to the church at large.
Peer Team Activities
- A member of the McIvor staff team. Participate in staff team meetings and activities to promote and support McIvor’s mission and ministries.
- Work with all staff to promote and encourage team building and mentoring relationships in raising up a new generation of leaders.
- The Family Ministries Pastor shall be responsible to the Church through the Church Council (Executive).
- A member of the Pastoral Advisory Committee shall relate to the Family Ministries Pastor serving as a support, resource and advocate in their ministry.
- Participate on the McIvor Church council.
- Member of the Education Committee
Model and pursue healthy self-care through the consistent practice of Christian disciplines.
- A growing and healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is rooted in spiritual disciplines and demonstrated by the Great Commission.
- A servant spirit and a desire to enable others in their gifts and talents.
- Spiritual maturity, Team player, Teachable/learnerEducation and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferred in education/childhood development
- Minimum 2 years of experience (paid or volunteer) demonstrated with preschool/children up to age 13
- Proven leadership and teaching skills
- Evidence of a call and a passion for children ages 0-13 with complementary spiritual gifts.
- Verifiable ministry experience with children ages 0-13.
- Theology is in agreement with the Mennonite Brethren confession of faith. Passionate in dedication to the spiritual growth and character development of both children ages 0-13, and the adults who lead them
- Values organizational skills and ability to manage both teams and tasks in a non-threatening environment through delegation, accountability and evaluation
- Displays good rapport with children, volunteers and parents
How to ApplyPlease see Website for further details: www.mcivorchurch.com Salary Scale as per MB Conference Grid Please e-mail resumes to: email@example.com or submit to McIvor Avenue MB Church Attention: Leona Boschmann Closing Date: Applications will be processed as received and the process will close when a successful candidate is identified.
499 total views, 1 today