8 Jun 2018
Full-time Full Time Youth Pastor
- Deep Spirituality 1 Timothy 3-4 , 1 Peter 5
a) Profess a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
b) Strong teacher with a love for God’s word
c) Born again according to the scriptures
d) Baptized and subscribed to the MB statement of faith
- One who is called to the ministry and exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God
- Formal education is an asset but not required (Bachelor’s Degree and evangelical theological training)
- Previous practical experience in pastoral ministry (internship at another Church with a medium to large size youth group)
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling students and volunteer leaders
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry including delegating responsibility to team members
- Relational style of leadership and ministry
- Social and high energy
- Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture
- Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders
- Responsible to organize, communicate and administer skilfully and efficiently
- To provide pastoral care of the youth, youth leaders and families of the youth.
- To provide solid biblical teaching so that youth may have an opportunity to come to Christ and grow in their relationship with Him.
- To incorporate practical service opportunities.
- To be involved in the leadership of the College and Career Ministry.
- To be committed to life-long spiritual and theological training.
- To plan, coordinate and facilitate all regular youth activities.
- To prepare a budget in the spring and write an annual report for the annual meeting.
- The Youth Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Staff Relations Committee and ultimately to the membership.
- Be personally involved in developing relationships with and reaching out to the unchurched and unsaved in our community.
- Integrate youth into all aspects of church life to create a culture that intentionally inter-generational striving to unite with and compliment other church ministries
- Involved in Sunday morning service and preaching from the pulpit (up to 6 times per year).
- Being in charge of staff, services, and overall ministry when senior pastor is away
How to ApplyFull time Youth Pastor position available July 1, 2018 Greendale MB Church Chilliwack, BC email: Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org call or text: 604-799-4459
292 total views, 1 today