Full-time Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist works alongside the Executive Director of Human Resources and will function in a variety of capacities. The HR Generalist will participate in the delivery of HR programs and initiatives that will enhance the workplace by developing new policies, procedures and programs to meet the current and future needs of the organization. In addition, they will assist with meeting the daily demands of the HR department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: screening, recruiting, selecting, training, reporting, policy creation, data management and administration. While many of the duties are administrative and project-focused in nature, the HR Generalist will handle sensitive employee information and often represent the HR team, and therefore must be highly capable, trustworthy, empathetic, relational, discrete and able to hold confidences.
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Business Services Group
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: London, Ontario
Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Information Systems, Data & Policy
- Manages the development and maintenance of the content for Human Resources sections of the intranet as well as paper based manuals.
- Assists in ensuring all policies and documents are relevant and accurate and comply with government guidelines.
Training and Development
- Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses Compassion’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation and onboarding, management development, cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
Recruitment and Orientation
- Assists in the development and execution of processes and tools by which new staff are recruited including the administration of job vacancies, mining industry websites and other advertising avenues. Participates in pre-screening and first round interviews throughout the organization as needed. Orientation of new employees including program review and restructure.
- Works closely with the HR Assistant and Finance Manager as a backup administrator for weekly time tracking. Maintains employee data and hours, loads annual updates and administers prorated hours based on leaves.
- Supports the Executive Director of HR with the administrative functions of the benefits program offered by Compassion. Supports training and awareness of benefits processes and programs.
Health and Safety Administration
- Supports the administration of workplace safety issues for all provincial jurisdictions where Compassion operates as well as administration of WSIB documentation.
HR Record Maintenance
- Partners with the HR Assistant to ensure data management related to the HR function, including personnel files, HR Information, new hire on-boarding checklists, staff transfer/exit checklists and other tracked data, is achieved.
- Assists the Executive Director of HR with chapel preparation, coaching and oversight.
- A component of this role will require purely administrative tasks such as hospitality, travel booking, filing etc.
Other Duties and Administration
- Assists the Executive Director of HR in strategy, process, maintenance and employee related concerns or issues.
- Supports the Executive Director of HR with investigations and conflict resolution processes.
- Participates in various committees to provide HR support and to monitor activities and completion of goals.
- Spiritual maturity that leads through example and is rooted in a desire to serve staff and the organization in order to accomplish strategic goals.
- Exceptional administration skills with attention to detail, organization and data maintenance.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to maintain complete and unquestioned confidentiality.
- Demonstrated collaborative nature.
- Applied working knowledge of employment law and occupational health and safety as it pertains to Ontario and other provinces.
- Self-directed learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and in person, as this person will represent the HR team in a variety of ways.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
For more information please visit: https://www.compassion.ca/employment/human-resources-generalist/
How to ApplyDeadline for resumes: September 9, 2018 Applicants should forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org We appreciate all applications for employment, however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview. Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this application, please contact Compassion Canada via email at Careers@compassion.ca or call Human Resources at (519)668-0224.
433 total views, 4 today