Full-time Human Resources Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Areas of focus: The Human Resources Manager is a critical role that ensures staff is well cared for as the CCMBC lives out its mission of reaching Canada for Christ. The main focus of this role will be to serve the staff of the national office of the CCMBC by guiding and managing the overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs for the entire national office. The Human Resources Manager leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, serving orientated culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a best-in-class workforce. Specific Responsibilities:The main areas of responsibilities are:
- Development of human resource services, policies and programs that are applicable for a Christian ministry / non-profit organization
- Management of the recruiting and staffing processes
- Day to day management of direct reports
- Management of the annual staff review & development process
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Employment contracts and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Up-to-date job descriptions for every position
- Employee relations
- Assist with organizational and workspace planning
- Employee and community communication
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health
- Employee services and counselling.
- In order to successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the Human Resources Manager will be a highly committed and energetic individual and should represent as many as possible of the below mentioned characteristics (both personal and professional experience):
- Be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ and demonstrate Christ-like character and the fruits of the Spirit
- Strong understanding of the CCMBC organization and a belief and passion for its mission and vision
- Strong leadership and people skills; ability to influence decisions
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership and team work abilities; able to manage a cohesive team, understanding and supporting each person in their role and responsibilities
- Creative and willing to present new ideas
- A strong team player who communicates openly, honestly and who acts on behalf of the CCMBC’s best interest
- High degree of professionalism and organizational discipline
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with an ability to prioritise
- Ability to deal professionally and respectfully with key stakeholders across multiple areas of the CCMBC organization (national, provincial, local) as well as with external 3rd-party organizations who may be involved with various leadership development activities in the CCMBC
Professional Qualifications:The Human resources Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources, business, organization development
- Five-plus years of progressive leadership experience in human resources positions
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labour relations, preferred
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred
- Working knowledge of the principles and methods of managing organizational change and organizational development
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to varied audiences.
- Solid consultative, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and directionExcellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, Word, and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resources programs.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Participate in monthly senior leadership team meetings as required
- Participate in weekly focus meetings with the executive director to review priorities, opportunities, and issues.
- Ensure all leads within the human resources department are conducting regular updates with their direct reports.
How to Apply
Contact CCMBC executive director Willy Reimer
#160-340 Midpark Way, SE, Calgary, AB, T2X 1P1
92 total views, 1 today