Internship Intern of worship ministries
Position Title: Intern of Worship Ministry
Reports to: Lead Pastor and Leadership Team
Classification: Part time (10-15 hours per week)
Date of Posting: February 15, 2018
At Sardis Community Church, we believe that worship celebrates all that God is and does and inspires us to respond with all that we are and do. We believe that worship shapes our relationship with God, our faith community, our neighborhood, and the world around us. With this in mind, we are looking for an intern worship leader who will give overall leadership to the worship ministry of our church, coordinating, mentoring, and leading volunteer worship teams for Sunday morning services and special events. The position is available immediately and will run for an agreed term.
Sardis Community Church is a mature church of approximately 250 people. We function as part of the Conference of BC Mennonite Brethren Churches, adhering to their Confession of Faith and participating in their vision for a world transformed by the good news of Jesus Christ.
If interested in this position, please send resume or contact pastor Cam Stuart at 604-858-7191.
- Oversee and administer the worship ministry in accordance with the church’s Statement of Faith, Statement on Worship, and Governing Policies, and in harmony with other church ministries.
- Work collaboratively with pastors, designated teams, and volunteers to oversee the weekly worship service.
- Provide oversight for special services in collaboration with pastors, designated teams, and volunteers.
- Provide a balance in worship between current music and worship trends and traditional music and hymns.
- Oversee scheduling of worship teams for Sunday morning services.
- Lead Sunday morning worship on a regular rotation (one to two times per month).
- Create an environment that encourages, nurtures, and supports the development of new worship team members and musical talent.
- Work alongside sound and media volunteers to encourage, equip, and train them in their task.
- Manage a designated
- Attend weekly staff meetings, leadership events, and Leadership Team meetings as appropriate.
- Submit a written report for the SCC Annual General Meeting in June.
- Proficiency in music and worship leadership.
- Education and/or experience related to worship leading.
- Experience with sound, lighting, and video would be an asset.
- Ability to plan, organize, and administer in a volunteer context.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and equip worship team volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with pastoral staff, volunteers, and other church ministries.
- Pastoral character: mature, trustworthy, discreet, relational, compassionate, empathic, humble, etc.
- Maintain personal spiritual growth through daily prayer and devotions.
- Maintain personal ministry growth through reading and attending appropriated conferences or seminars.
- Maintain integrity of family (if applicable) and personal relationships.
- Maintain integrity of a balanced work ethic.
- Support the Faith Community of SCC through regular attendance, giving, encouragement, care and prayer.
How to ApplyCall Sardis Community Church at 604 858 7191 and asked for Cam Stuart
206 total views, 7 today