Full-time Lead Pastor
HMBC has completed a transitional restoration process (see Church Profile under Employment at http://hmbc.ca) and is now looking for a Lead Pastor-Teacher who will be a discipler-equipper in order that the congregation will be built up. We desire to speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ Jesus our Lord. We desire that every congregant be equipped to do the work for which God has gifted them as we all accomplish God’s mission for us so that the whole body will increasingly become healthy and growing and full of love. (Based on Ephesians 4:11-16 NLT) The Lead Pastor will accomplish this by:
- Preaching and teaching God’s Word to the congregation;
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of the Sunday morning worship services;
- Being a fully participating/voting member of the Leadership Team;
- Leading the discipleship/training core ministry of the Church (DEEPreach);
- With the counsel of the Leadership Team and congregation, developing/finding and implementing a church-wide discipling process. Once the discipling process is implemented then responsibility within #5 will become:
- Overseeing the discipling process;
- Mentoring the core ministry coordinators;
- Equiping new Church ministry leaders by assessing (spiritual maturity and giftedness) and training (suitable; based on assessment) men and women to become faithful followers of Jesus Christ and capable ministry leaders.
Other ministry responsibilities:
- Supervise Church office staff (and associate/assistant pastoral staff if/when employed);
- Be available to congregants for basic spiritual guidance/advice (persons in need of in-depth counselling or spiritual direction should be referred to professionals);
- Provide crisis pastoral care (e.g., death, hospitalization); other pastoral care limited to availability;
- Officiate at Church weddings/funerals/baptisms/dedications/etc. (but not for those outside of the Church community unless time and inclination allows)
In order to do this well … 1. the Pastor should have these basic qualifications:
- An understanding of and appreciation for core Mennonite Brethren values;
- Affirmation of our CCMBC Confession of Faith;
- Credentialed by the ABMB Conference and licenced by the Province of Alberta (if not already then needs to be willing and able to do this);
- Minimum of an earned MA; MDiv preferred
- Experience as a Lead Pastor (although not necessarily in a multiple staff context);
- Clear communicator.
2. the Church will provide (among other benefits):
- A supportive leadership structure where pastoral and ministry leaders are partners in overseeing the life and work of the Church;
- Salary based on ABMB guidelines;
- Extended benefits;
- Budgeted annual allowance to attend training seminar(s) (as approved by Leadership Team);
- Budgeted annual book/resource allowance;
- Weekly days off and an annual holiday provision (length based on years of service).
How to ApplyFor more information go to our website http://hmbc.ca. To apply, please send a current resume with a cover letter indicating why you think you would be a good match for our next Lead Pastor. Email: email@example.com; Mail: 4018 Centre B St NW Calgary AB T2K 0W2.
738 total views, 1 today