Full-time Lead Pastor
Who we are
Dalhousie Community Church is a Calgary based church with an average of around 275 people in attendance on a Sunday morning. We have our roots in a Mennonite Brethren background but have grown to be a church with congregants from a wide variety of ethnicities. A broad range of demographics is represented in the congregation, with one of the largest groups currently coming from “young families”, evidenced by our growing Kids Church program which currently sees about 100 kids weekly. We also count ourselves blessed to be based in an urban, central part of Calgary and we continue to seek ways to make our church available to the huge variety of needs seen around us in our community. We are seeking a passionate, experienced, and people-oriented leader who would be able to effectively guide a team of 3 other pastors (already in place) – a Worship and Missions Pastor, a Youth Pastor, and a Kids Church Pastor. We are looking for someone who loves to preach, can lead by example, and who is ready to walk alongside us – a body of believers seeking to focus our priorities, share our lives with others, and be obedient to what God wants our church to be.
Where we are
Calgary is a multicultural city home to over 1.2 million people. Despite its size, Calgary still manages to retain a very friendly, neighborly atmosphere. Calgary boasts many beautiful parks, is on the Bow River, and has tons of yummy restaurants, great shopping, and bountiful recreational options in arts, culture, and sports. One of the city’s main highlights for the locals would certainly be its close proximity to the Rocky Mountains and that within an hour’s drive one can be hiking a mountain trail, skiing on the slopes, or just sightseeing in the beautiful tourist towns of Canmore and Banff. Calgary is clean, in a great location, and is a place people call home with a sincere sense of pride.
Overview of Role
- You will provide oversight to a staff of 3 pastors as well as 3 support staff.
- You will be responsible for leadership development of your staff as well as inspiring a culture of leadership development in the church
- You will be responsible for ensuring that between you and the other pastors, all ministry areas in the church have oversight
- You will be the primary preacher responsible for the majority of Sunday morning messages
- You will also be responsible for thematic planning of sermon series, overseeing communion & special service elements, and working in tandem with Associate Pastor of Worship and Missions to plan services
- You will work with the Spiritual Leadership Team on big picture thinking, praying, and planning related to the vision of DCC;
- You will share the vision and flesh it out with the congregation, staff, and ministry teams
Secondary Responsibilities (as giftedness and time allow)
- Overseeing the Integration Team Leader, who is responsible for ushers, greeters, andour Info Centre
- Overseeing and championing our Life Group program and meeting with group leaders
- Taking on pastoral care duties such as visitations
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Demonstrates a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ Continues education via books, conferences, and classes
- Will develop an accountability and mentoring network with those who can challenge, encourage, and offer support
- Shows love and respect for the opposite sex, and is a good example for others in both word and deed. If married, has a healthy and loving relationship with spouse/family and embodies the qualifications set forth in 1Timothy 3:1-7.
- Expected to be an active member of Dalhousie Community Church
To Spiritual Leadership Team (SLT): provide monthly updates for the SLT on ministry successes, issues, and challenges.
To Church: provide updates and reports regarding ministries. This will include annual reports and other reports as necessary.
- Shares the vision, purpose, and values of Dalhousie Community Church and is in agreement with the Mennonite Brethren confession of faith
- Preaching experience and giftedness Proven experience developing leaders and building teams 10 years of ministry experience Christian ministry/theological degree
- Personal qualities, such as:
- Teaching abilities
- Team-building skills
- Strong communication and relational skills
- Organizational skills
Please check out our website, dccnet.org, to understand more about our values and beliefs.
How to ApplyPlease email your cover letter and resume to our church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
463 total views, 1 today