Full-Time Lead Pastor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION TITLE: Lead Pastor (Full Time)
REPORTS TO: Church Council
The Lead Pastor’s Spirit-led role is to provide visionary, strategic and collaborative leadership to Hillside Christian Fellowship Church (HCFC). The Lead Pastor works with the Church Council Leadership Team (CCLT) as they prayerfully discern vision and strategic objectives aligned to Christ’s mission for HCFC. The Lead Pastor brings leadership to the Ministry Leadership Team as together they fulfill the church’s role in the community. This is a collaborative leadership model.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
1. Oversees the preaching/teaching ministry.
2. Communicates effectively with the congregation, the CCLT and Ministry Leaders to foster a strong sense of common Christian purpose.
3. Provides leadership, guidance and resources, working with the congregation to fulfill the church’s vision and mission.
4. Passionately communicates the Gospel through preaching and an active life within the community.
5. Provides services to the congregation, and community e.g. marriages, funerals, as required.
1. Spiritual Vitality – Demonstrates a dynamic and reproducible walk with God; has an experience and understanding of spiritual gifts.
2. Organizational Skills:
• Ability to equip others – encouraging others with delegated responsibility and authority.
• Ability to coach; creating relational health, collaboration and appropriate results.
3. Communication Skills:
• Ability to express ideas and convey meaning in an understandable and effective manner that inspires and motivates people towards an active living faith in Jesus.
• Ability to equip others through faithful preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
4. Strategic Leadership Skills:
• Ability to understand the dynamics of rural ministry and plan a path to further the Kingdom of God within that setting.
• Ability to establish a church that is built on trust.
5. Pastoral Leadership Skill:
• Possessing a pastoral heart, demonstrating deep care for people.
PERSONAL SPIRITUAL ASPIRATIONS:
1. Lives life out of a commitment to knowing, loving and following Jesus.
2. Lives a spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally healthy life.
3. Has a consistent devotional life of prayer, Bible study and meditation on God’s Word.
4. Has a deep love for people and a passion for reaching the lost for Christ.
5. Is dedicated to family, exhibiting wisdom in balancing family and ministry.
6. Demonstrates a clear understanding of God’s call for pastoral ministry.
Masters/Bachelors degree is preferred in theological/Biblical study. However life experience is highly valued by the CCLT. (Opportunities for ongoing education are encouraged and can be discussed)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Preferred minimum 5 years in church ministry in a leadership role and 3 years in a lead pastor role
• Understands, respects, and supports the mission of HCFC and its role in the community.
• Is in agreement with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
• Has an ability to work within the denominational structure of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (CCMBC), and is willing to fulfill the steps to become credentialed by the CCMBC if that is viewed as necessary.
How to ApplyFor more information, Church and community profiles, or to submit a resume with a cover letter, please contact the Search Committee Chairman Les Unruh: email@example.com
4636 total views, 1 today