Full-Time Lead Pastor
Nechako Community Church is trusting God for His help in finding a lead pastor who feels called by God to serve Him in leading and developing a thriving church in the geographical center of British Colombia. If you feel God is calling you here, we would love to hear from you.
NCC was established in 1983 in order to bring a unique flavour of Christian ministry to the larger population of the region. For most of its history, NCC has enjoyed a strong and vibrant ministry in this resource and culturally-rich community and is one of several Bible believing churches represented by a local ministerial. Currently, there are about 80 families associated with the church and its average Sunday worship attendance is over 100 people across a broad range of ages. The church’s spacious and functional facility on highway 16 just east of Vanderhoof is easily visible and accessible. Through a recent assessment process the church has determined that it wants to strengthen its original purpose of developing an inspiring Christ-centered community that intentionally equips its members to reach out to the larger community in deed and word with the good news of Jesus. The church is looking for a pastor who leads by example and can spiritually equip the congregation for effective gospel ministry in the community. The church’s mission is to be a Christ-centered, community-serving church.
Vanderhoof is located in the central interior of British Columbia and is the industrial, commercial, medical, and governmental center for about 15,000 people in the region. Its main industries of agriculture and forestry, combined with lots of recreational opportunities in the region, make it an attractive place for young families. The people of the region are known for their civic pride, their industry, and their cultural interests. At an hour’s drive from Prince George, residents take full advantage of all the amenities of a large center including its major airport.
Preference will be given to the person who displays personal characteristics and demonstrates professional skills as described.
• A person who is a Spirit-filled, dynamic leader.
• A person who has an affinity for a life-style typical of a more rural, north-central BC kind of community (that also includes camping, fishing, hunting, etc.) and is willing to make a longer-term commitment to pastoral ministry in that context.
• A person who, though hard-working and passionate, also knows how to balance professional Christian ministry with time for personal and family development.
• A person with significant pastoral ministry experience as a lead pastor.
• A person who truly loves God and people, is practical, and has a good sense of humor.
• A person with minimum education of a Bachelor’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry from an accredited theological institution.
• A person who adheres to the doctrinal statement of the MB Confession of Faith of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
• A person who is able to articulate his personal faith in Jesus Christ, the Bible and its gospel message with passion and ease.
• A person who is skilled in teaching and preaching the Bible accurately, and also in a manner that is relevant and practical for today’s personal challenges.
• A person who has good people skills, relating to all ages, building relationships naturally and intentionally with people in the church as well as in the community.
• A person who has significant administrative skills working collaboratively with the Elders Board, and managing the various ministries of the church constructively and effectively.
• A person who can equip the people of the church, strengthening them through various discipleship ministries, effectively delivering the gospel to the larger community.
• A person with a passion to shepherd the flock in a sacrificial manner and with adequate life experience to relate to all walks of life.
NCC provides a salary and benefits package commensurate with standards established by the B.C. Mennonite Brethren Conference.
How to ApplyPlease address your résumé and cover letter to the chair of the NCC Pastoral Search Committee, Henry Wiebe. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
245 total views, 2 today