Full-time Lead Pastor
River of Life Church
42369 South Sumas Road, Chilliwack, BC V2R 4W3
604-823-4411 / www.rolgreendale.ca
River Of Life Church is prayerfully seeking a lead pastor. We are looking for a pastor
gifted in strong Biblical, life-application preaching and teaching. Also an individual that
works well with groups and individuals in the church and supports a team approach to
ministry. We desire a pastor who has a warm, open, outgoing personality and is
passionate about leading believers to grow in Christ likeness.
ROL is an independent, evangelical community church and is located in Greendale, a
rural suburb of Chilliwack, BC, Canada. ROL has just come through a time of renewing
vision and is excited to move into the future. The congregation is a blend of all ages
with an average Sunday morning worship attendance average of just under 100. We
have a full-time associate/youth pastor.
ROL is committed to helping people experience full life as Jesus Christ intended
Reaching the World
River of Life is located just south west of Chilliwack, BC in an area called
Greendale. Chilliwack is the 7th largest city in British Columbia and was historically an
agricultural community, but now most of its 83,788 residents are city-dwellers. This
city is surrounded by mountains and recreational areas such as Cultus
Lake and Chilliwack Lake Provincial Parks. It is located 102 kilometers (63 miles) east
of Vancouver. The area of Greendale consists of a few businesses, a couple churches, a
public elementary school, and many different types of farming operations. The area
would be considered agricultural although amenities such as shopping, restaurants,
coffee shops and entertainment are only minutes away. There are many outdoor
activities nearby including hiking, horseback riding, biking, camping, fishing, and golf.
The Lead Pastor will work with the Elders Board and the Pastoral Team to provide
biblically based teaching, shepherding and overall leadership to River of Life Church
PLACEMENT: The Lead Pastor candidate is recommended to the Elders by the Search
Committee. The Elders will initiate a formal candidating process by recommending the
candidate to the congregation. Upon receiving at least an 80% approval by the
membership, the candidate will then be called by the Elders to assume the position of
Lead Pastor. The selection is ratified by the candidate’s formal, written acceptance of
QUALIFICATIONS: The Lead Pastor shall have the qualifications as given in 1 Timothy
3:1-7, 2 Timothy 2:24-25, and 2 Timothy 4:2-5.
1. Shall be an active and supportive born-again member of ROL.
2. Shall be filled with the Holy Spirit and demonstrate strong Christian disciplines in all
areas of life.
3. Shall be gifted in and committed to strong Biblical preaching.
4. Should be willing and able to lead, organize, encourage and teach others.
5. Shall be in agreement with the ROL Statement of Faith.
6. Shall be in agreement with the philosophy, direction and style of ministry of ROL.
7. Shall be reliable (faithful, available and teachable).
Accountable to the Board of Elders.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Provide spiritual leadership and direction to the congregation with a focus on
leadership development and discipleship
2. Model Christian character and practices within the church and community
3. Assume overall responsibility for Sunday morning Services
- Ensuring Sunday morning Services are planned, and prepared for by all Ministry
- Be responsible for the preaching each Sunday morning, preaching at least 60% of
4. Work with the Church leadership in establishing ROL’s vision, strategy and
implementation towards the vision
5. Provide spiritual leadership and direction to all Pastoral and Administrative staff
6. Work closely with the Elders Board Chairperson and serve as an advisory member of
Serve as advisor and mentor to various ministries of ROL as necessary
- Board of Worship
- Discerning Committee
8. To be an ex-officio member of all boards and committees where the pastor is not
9. Make an effort to establish a positive relationship with people in the congregation
10. Provide crisis congregational care and visitation as needed
11. Provide counselling – as gifted, needed and appropriate
12. Oversee and provide special services: such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
13. Be a positive representative for ROL within the larger faith community in Chilliwack
14. Be actively involved in the Chilliwack community
Compensation is negotiable within the salary range of River Of Life Church, background
How to ApplyApplication Process In order to help us get a more complete picture of you and your interest in the position at ROL please provide the following: 1. Current resume/CV 2. Testimony 3. Philosophy of ministry 4. References – Please provide 5 references, including at least one board member/elder, a peer, a volunteer entrusted to your lead, and a person who you have befriended who has yet to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (i.e. neighbour, friend, co-worker, etc.). Submit your resume/CV and references to: Dale Hoeppner Search Committee Chairperson 42369 South Sumas Road, Chilliwack, BC V2R 4W3 Dale Hoeppner: 604-316-3459; or Steve Dyck: 604-866-0790 email@example.com
1113 total views, 1 today