Full-time Lead Pastor
Mindemoya Missionary Church Pastor
Mindemoya, Manitoulin Island, Ontario
As available; Succession plan with retiring pastor preferred Negotiated based on EMCC Compensation Guidelines
Roles and Responsibilities:
❖ Disciple-making – discipling and training of ministry volunteers and congregational leaders; equipping them for the disciple-making of others.
❖ Pastoral Care and Counseling – spiritual support and guidance as required in times of need
❖ Preaching and Teaching – preaching and teaching that will equip people to learn what it means to live as a disciple of Jesus
❖ Community Outreach – passion and vision for demonstrating the love of Jesus to Manitoulin Island
❖ Sunday Morning Service - oversee and provide guidance to the Worship Committee
❖ Life Group Ministries – equipping leaders and promoting congregational participation in small group based discipleship
- ❖ Clear testimony of encountering the love of Jesus, leading to personal repentance and saving faith
- ❖ Person of prayer, faith, vision and integrity who maintains a close relationship with God
- ❖ Evidence of the fruit of the Holy Spirit and desire to live for God’s glory
- ❖ Leadership qualifications as set out in scripture
- ❖ Willingness to come under leadership and lead with humility
- ❖ Relationships of integrity and be respected by those outside the church and within
- ❖ Gifts of teaching and preaching
- ❖ Training and experience in pastoral counsel and care
- ❖ Experience with Life Groups
- ❖ A team player who builds and functions well in teams
- ❖ A lifetime learner
- ❖ Organizational leadership excellence
- ❖ A bachelor’s degree or equivalent ministry qualification from an accredited Bible College
- ❖ A licence or ordination with the EMCC or another denomination with similar vision and values and be willing to pursue credentials with the EMCC
Mindemoya Missionary Church Profile
- ❖ OUR PURPOSE: To glorify God through fulfilling the Great Commandment and the Great Commission
- ❖ OUR MISSION: To be a caring Christian family of missionary servants that impacts Manitoulin Island and the World with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- ❖ OUR VISION: Making God’s love tangible in our world.
- ❖ OUR CORE VALUES:
- ➢ We are a community of Bible-formed, faith-filled, Spirit-empowered followers of Jesus Christ who are passionate about loving God and what He loves most – people!
- ➢ We are passionate about receiving and responding to God’s love. We want to see God exalted in our worship and glorified by our lives of obedience.
- ➢ We are passionate about sharing and showing God’s love by serving people – the people in our families, in our church family, in our communities and in our world.
- ➢ We are passionate about joining Jesus in fulfilling His Great Commission. We want to see people come into a relationship with Jesus Christ, based on humble repentance and faith in him, with the aim that they become fully-devoted and obedient disciples of Jesus.
- ➢ We are passionate about prayer as a priority in our personal walk with God, in our homes, in our small groups, in our ministry, and in our worship.
- ➢ We are passionate about sacrificially giving ourselves through acts of irrational generosity – willing to take risks, refusing to think small or play it safe.We are multigenerational congregations with a large contingent of young families and teens. Approximately 33% of the congregation are children and teens, 33% are working age, and 34 % are seniors. We have active Sunday School, and weekly Children and Youth programs. Our average Sunday attendance is about 125, with a significant seasonal increase in the summer.Congregational members come from several communities across Manitoulin Island, with a mix of people from professional, self-employed, salaried and seasonal workers, as well as retired individuals.
Our Sunday services are organized by 5 worship teams that prepare a variety of worship service styles, including contemporary, blended and traditional. We have two praise bands, a choir, IT, sound and lighting teams. All members of the congregation are encouraged to use their gifts and abilities.
The church building was recently renovated and expanded with a debt-free, million dollar addition. This is extensively used by the congregation and the community, as it is the only barriers-free activity space in the town. We host several external activities, including walking groups, physio-therapy sessions, concerts, Christmas food bank sorting and hamper preparations, AA, among other things.
We recognize some needs in our ministry, particularly to College and Careers and First Nations groups.
Community Profile – Manitoulin Island/Mindemoya
Manitoulin Island, the world’s largest freshwater island, is situated in the northern part of Lake Huron. A single lane swing bridge provides year round vehicle access to the mainland while seasonal ferry service on the M.S. Chi-cheemaun connects with southern Ontario. The largest city in proximity of Manitoulin District is Sudbury which is approximately 130 km northeast of Little Current. Approximately 14,000 people call Manitoulin Island “home”, residing in 13 communities and 7 First Nation Territories. Each summer, the population of Manitoulin swells as a large number of vacationers and seasonal residents converge to enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
Mindemoya Missionary Church is centrally located on Manitoulin Island in the community of Mindemoya and draws its members from across the island. Mindemoya boasts one of 2 island hospitals as well as a Family Health Team, dentist office and a pharmacy. Central Manitoulin Public School is located within the community and Manitoulin Secondary School is located a 10 minute drive away. The community also has senior housing and is home to Manitoulin Community Living which provides housing and care for developmentally challenged persons.
While big city chain stores can generally not be found on Manitoulin, retail opportunities are plentiful in Mindemoya with grocery, hardware, furniture, clothing, coffee shops and convenience stores providing all the necessities.
The Townships have year round recreation programming for all ages which include swimming lessons, baseball, hockey, soccer and curling.
With Manitoulin being situated in Lake Huron, it offers numerous big water harbours and marinas accessible to small and large pleasure craft. There are year round fishing and hunting opportunities on and around the numerous lakes on Manitoulin Island. Summer activities include hiking, golfing, road and mountain biking. Winter activities include snowmobiling, cross country skiing,curlingandhockey. Cyclingisapopularpastimeontheislandwith800kmofsuggested cycling routes that include paved shoulders on some of the main highways. For additional information: http://www.manitoulincycling.com/ and https://www.manitoulintourism.com
122 total views, 5 today