Volunteer Leadership Volunteer
Mennonite Disaster Service relies on volunteers to continue our work of responding to disasters in Canada and the USA. Consider serving with MDS to help restore hope to those affected by disaster.
Leadership Volunteers are responsible for the day to day operations of an MDS project. They work together with local community partners and homeowners, organize the work for the weekly volunteers, and ensure that all volunteers are well fed and cared for throughout their time on the project.
MDS Leadership Volunteers…..
- are Christian men and women (age 19+) years of age
- have a desire to share time to provide leadership at an MDS project, usually four weeks or more
- have compassion to serve other volunteers and homeowners after disaster
- have life skills to lead and work cooperatively to help families rebuild after disaster
- have good to excellent health and stamina for hard work
- have ability to manage people, work flow, and a variety of vendors
- may have construction experience – is a plus
Project Team positions include:
- Project Director
- Office Manager
- Head Cook
- Assistant Cook
- Construction Supervisor
- Crew Leader
How to ApplyVisit our website to learn more about MDS and how to apply for a leadership volunteer position here, https://mds.mennonite.net/leadershipvolunteers/ If you are new to MDS consider starting by serving as a weekly volunteer on a project first, information on being a weekly volunteer can be found here, https://mds.mennonite.net/weekly-volunteers/
229 total views, 1 today