Full-time Maintenance Director
Youth For Christ Winnipeg – Winnipeg, MB
Youth For Christ Winnipeg – Winnipeg, MB
About Youth For Christ Winnipeg & Camp Cedarwood
Youth For Christ Winnipeg is a team of passionate people, including staff, volunteers, and ministry partners. We are people with a common desire to see young people reach their full potential in every area of life. We are 4,000 donors, 95 staff, mobilizing 300 volunteers to work with more than 6,000 youth through a variety of environments.
Our passion is to combine healthy relationships with creative programs to help young people make good choices, establish a solid foundation for principled living and investigate Christian faith. We want to see young people reach their full redemptive potential.
YFC Winnipeg is a grassroots organization that specializes in meeting the needs of teenagers. The Winnipeg Chapter of Youth For Christ began in 1954 and over time has evolved and matured in its mandate to address the needs of the whole person, where discipleship/evangelism is the primary focus.
The year round ministry of Camp Cedarwood is a division of Youth For Christ which facilitates ministry retreats, youth group events, and outdoor educational experiences in our 31,450 sq. foot lodge and 35 acres of forest and lake front property. Our site and facilities are located an hour and a half north east of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Director of Operations
Camp Cedarwood, 20 minutes from Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
• To assist the Director of Operations in seeing that all Cedarwood buildings, site, mechanical equipment and program equipment are all kept at a high level of excellence.
• To ensure our operational mission statement and operational values are fulfilled as it relates to the above services.
• Assist the Director of Operations and work with Maintenance Staff to maintain, repair and improve all Cedarwood buildings (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, construction). Building includes: 28,500 sq. ft. main lodge built in 1996; a 2,500 sq. ft. staff residence built in 1986 and relocated in 2004 with renovations; a 1,350 sq. ft residence on Keystone Road built in 1998; a 1,800 sq. ft. maintenance building built in 1988; four – 728 sq. ft. cottages built in 2003; a 1,040 sq. ft staff cottage built in 2005; a lakefront equipment storage building built in 1986; and a bike storage building built in 1990.
• Coordinating all maintenance on camp vehicles, boats, equipment and program areas as listed below:
Truck and Van Archery Equipment Canoes
Tractor Snow Shoes 1 Sailboat
Riding Lawn Mower 2 Ski Boats Dock
Mountain Bikes 1 Aluminum Boat Climbing Walls
Pontoon Boat Cross Country Skis All other equipment
• Supervise and schedule additional summer maintenance staff
• Assist in the building, refurbishing and maintaining recreational structures.
• Set priorities and schedules and supervise all other maintenance staff
• When needed, assist the Housekeeping Staff to ensure that the building remains clean and presentable at all times and that an annual cleaning schedule is followed to cover all aspects of the buildings.
• Assist in the recruitment and development of a strong volunteer base to serve in maintenance.
• Have a passion for the mission of Youth for Christ – youth evangelism.
• Passion for God and ministry to the lost
• Must live in vital union in Christ
Knows how to follow and support the YFC/Winnipeg policies and directives.
Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the organization. Knows when to call in professional help.
Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/projects.
Able to complete tasks with little supervision, committed to excellence and possesses a strong desire to honour God with their abilities.
A good working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and mechanical and carpentry skills are an asset.
Salary through Ministry Partner Development
The salary of this position, after being determined on a scale based on education and work-related experience, is funded through Ministry Partner Development, which is made possible in two ways: first, by donations made to Youth for Christ from family, friends, and acquaintances of a particular staff member, which enable Youth for Christ to care financially for that staff member; second, by the prayer of others. Ministry Partner Development is literally developing partnerships with others who will come alongside you, pray for you, and care for you. You’ll be amazed by the people who will want to partner with you and stand behind you and the mission of YFC.
Also, Ministry Partner Development acquaints each staff person with a real need to trust God’s provision. We have found that to begin in ministry by having to rely on the supply of our Heavenly Father, brings one face-to-face with the reality of faith. After all, faith is not a thought that surfaces in reflection or anticipation, but is that which occurs in the moment of action. To trust God for money can lead one into the habit of trusting Him for other spiritual essentials.
All successful candidates will receive training through YFC’s national Ministry Partner Development resources.
How to ApplyHow to Apply By applying, applicants understand that Youth For Christ Winnipeg is a non-profit Christian organization with unique employment practices that focus on the Christian faith. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter, indicating the position and where they found the job posting to the Human Resources department at hr @ yfcwinnipeg.ca. Applicants should quote MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR in the subject line. The Human Resources department can be reached by phone at 204 669 4205 or by fax at 204 661 4838. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applicants may be required to complete a pre-interview form. This will help give YFC an idea of who you are and how your previous work experience will contribute to your success in the position for which you applied. Upon completion of the form, Human Resources will review your application and pre-interview responses. If you are selected for an interview, you can expect a phone call or an e-mail from our Human Resources department. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
416 total views, 1 today