Full-time Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager will manage the maintenance of the university’s buildings and grounds. The Maintenance Manager will have a keen understanding of maintenance requirements of institutional buildings and their systems and will have the ability to recognize maintenance issues, prioritize and determine optimal solutions, and take appropriate steps.
The successful candidate will have a personality, which will contribute to the friendly and engaging image, which the institution wishes to project to all students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Responsible to define work assignments, set priorities, train and supervise support maintenance staff, vendors and contract trades people within the authority provided by the Director of Operations
- Participate in hiring process of support level maintenance and summer staff
General Maintenance, Repairs, Project Management & Execution
- Manage and execute renovation projects, including planning, determining required materials and trades, and supervising staff and external contractors
- Troubleshoot, plan, supervise and perform minor repairs including carpentry, drywall, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and problems with maintenance equipment and appliances
- Assist hosting department as required to perform event set-ups and moving of furniture
Manage Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC systems)
- The incumbent will have primary responsibility for maintaining HVAC systems including, hot water, glycol, steam, and geo-thermal
- This includes performing maintenance, planning and supervising preventative maintenance including testing and recordkeeping, directing staff and external contractors, prioritizing and optimizing solutions to problems
- Capable of intense physical activity, at times including heavy lifting
- Capable of working in hot and cold environments
- Capable of understanding and operating maintenance equipment
- Participate in evening & weekend on-call shift rotation
- A commitment to the church and mission of CMU
- Post-secondary education or training in a related field
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and the willingness to work independently and with other employees in a team-oriented environment
- Creative and inventive problem solving skills
- A 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate or ability to qualify
- Formal training and experience in supervisory skills and building maintenance an asset
- Aptitude for engaging and supervising external contractors
- Ability to recognize maintenance issues, prioritize and determine optimal solutions, and to take appropriate steps
- Significant skill in one or more of the following: carpentry (rough and finish), operation/maintenance of commercial heating/cooling systems, plumbing, electrical
- Knowledge of life safety systems would be an asset
How to Apply
Inquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-594-0532.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should email a resume (PDF or Word document) along with the names of three references, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Director of Human Resources, Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2.
332 total views, 1 today