Full-time Managing Editor
At ChristianWeek workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; adherence to ChristianWeek‘s Code of Conduct.
For close to 30 years ChristianWeek, an independent, inter-denominational publication, has served its readers with award-winning writing focusing on Christian faith and life in Canada. We are committed to developing and refining our online and digital presence as well as our print publications.
The Managing Editor will be responsible for working with the editorial team to select, assign, write and edit a variety of content from across Canada for our print and online publications.
He or she will be responsible for editing and proofing ChristianWeek’s print editions, website and social media communications, working closely with ChristianWeek‘s editorial team, designer, advertising department and writers.
The Managing Editor will implement ideas and projects that further the work and mission of ChristianWeek. He or she will be involved in developing and maintaining ChristianWeek‘s online and social media initiatives, and working with our other custom publications.
– Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills with a high commitment to accuracy
– Excellent editing and proofreading skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social media
– Proficient web-based technical skills
– Familiar with Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign
– Experience in finding and writing engaging stories and taking and/or choosing good photographs
– A good understanding of traditional and social media and how to use them successfully
– Resourcefulness and the ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines
– Strong creative skills
– Pro-active and energetic, able to complete projects on time
– Good inter-personal skills, with the ability to communicate well with editorial and advertising teams, freelancers and outside organizations, ministries, churches, etc.
– Post secondary education in journalism, creative communications or a related field is desirable
– Experience working for traditional print media or online media is desirable
How to ApplyThis position is available on a salaried basis. Includes benefits package. Please email cover letter, several recent samples of your writing (news and/or feature style preferred) resume and salary expectations to Kelly Rempel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
477 total views, 1 today