Part-time MSC – Writer and Social Media Coordinator
The Menno Simons College Writer and Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with CMU’s Director of Communications and Marketing, along with MSC’s Director of Alumni Relations and the Student Program Coordinator, to implement an integrated alumni engagement and recruitment strategy on behalf of Menno Simons College. A strategic marketing plan and overall job responsibilities for the MSC Writer and Social Media Coordinator (.4 or 2 days/week) will be set by the Director of Communications and Marketing, to whom this person will report.
This person will implement the marketing plan designed to engage alumni and prospective students using web, social media and print. Day to day guidance and direction will be provided by MSC’s Director of Alumni Relations and the Student Program Coordinator.
- Contribute to and implement a marketing strategy to strengthen MSC’s engagement with prospective students and alumni:
- Imagine, solicit and write stories, profiles and features to capture the vision, life and impact of MSC.
- Promote MSC events, including Graduation, Social Justice Fair, Special Lectures, Alumni gatherings, student recruitment opportunities, etc.
- Implement an active social media strategy which includes crowd-sourcing as a means of inviting financial support from Alumni.
- Employ MSC’s Website, Social Media and print publications (including content focus for Currents, Posters, Brochures, Banners…) for maximum impact.
- Use content management tools to ensure that content for MSC’s website is updated as needed.
- Assume other duties as requested by the Director of Communications and Marketing.
- University degree or Technical College Degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Strong social media experience and capacity to effectively utilize social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, etc.).
- Excellent written communications skills and excellent computer skills. Familiarity with both Microsoft Office Suite and Mac platforms, including PhotoShop skills for Social Media. Ability to work in InDesign an asset.
- Understanding of peace and social justice studies and a commitment to the mission and vision of Menno Simons College.
- Must be available to work irregular hours as required.
How to ApplyInquiries should be directed to Dianna Robson, Director of Human Resources at 204-487-3300. Applications will be reviewed and accepted upon receipt and will be accepted until this position is filled. Applicants should send a resume along with the names of three references, in confidence to: email@example.com or Director of Human Resources Canadian Mennonite University 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Winnipeg, MB R3P 2N2
218 total views, 1 today