Full-time National staff leader
POSITION PROFILE FOR NATIONAL STAFF LEADER
The CCMBC Executive Board invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of National Staff Leader (NSL) – formerly known as the Executive Director of the CCMBC. We are looking for a leader of leaders who is gifted, experienced, and anointed to provide collaborative, strategic, and visionary leadership to the MB conference in Canada.
As National Staff Leader, you will deliver the vision and passion to see the one mission of CCMBC come to reality. You have the unique ability to bring together a wide variety of constituent groups under a common leadership umbrella. You are flexible, diplomatic, and skilled in communicating and collaborating with a team of leaders. You listen, understand, and think outside the box and love the challenge of relating to a diverse group of people. You can break down a vision into a series of sequential, achievable steps, form a collaborative game plan that everybody can understand and participate in, and lead the organization toward actualization of its mission.
The National Staff Leader position is a key component of the collaborative model developed by the One Mission Partnership Task Force and affirmed by the Executive Board for provincial conference discernment.
POSITION TITLE: National Staff Leader (NSL)
REPORTS TO: National Assembly Executive Board
COLLABORATIVE LEADERSHIP RELATIONSHIPS: Primary relationship is with the National Ministry Team: provincial conference ministers (PCMs)/executives, CCMBC Legacy CEO/CFO, MB Mission representative, C2C representative, MB Seminary representative
EMPLOYMENT FTE: 70–100%
REVISION DATE: March 2018
Lead the National Ministry Team (NMT) – 70%
- Ensure the NMT has a coordinated and collaborative approach and a unified structure.
- Lead the NMT monthly meeting.
- Oversee the vision, planning, and implementation of the provincial/national ministry services – Developing Leaders, Multiplying Churches, Resourcing Ministry, Building Community.
- Develop the annual national ministry budget.
- Support the PCMs in the delivery of the provincial/national ministry services for local, national, and global mission impact.
- Support the Legacy team in the delivery of their ministry strategy for local, national, and global mission impact.
- Support MB agencies in the delivery of their ministry strategy for local, national, and global mission impact.
- Conduct the annual reviews of the national ministry staff that report directly to the NSL.
- Reports for the National Ministry Team to the national assembly, national assembly executive board, and national faith and life board.
Represent the CCMBC to our Strategic Partners and MB Agencies – 30%
- Acts as the CCMBC representative to the boards of our strategic partners: Mennonite World Conference (MWC), Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), International Community of Mennonite Brethren (ICOMB), Canadian Council of Anabaptist Leaders (CCAL), Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC), and the Canada & US MB partnership (CanAm).
- Acts as the CCMBC representative to the boards of the MB agencies: MB Mission, MB Seminary.
- The CCMBC sees the results of the fulfillment of our mission to multiply Christ-centred churches to see Canada transformed by the good news of Jesus Christ.
- The CCMBC “sandbox” shapes the ministry strategy in Canada.
- The provincial/national conferences and MB agencies have a coordinated/collaborative approach and unified structures.
- The MB Confession of Faith is upheld in the teaching and practise of MB pastors and churches.
- Trust, respect, and commitment characterize the interpersonal and inter-church relationships of the CCMBC family.
- Effective and inspiring communication builds the community of our MB family.
- The National Ministry Team love the way their work fulfills their calling to equip the church to make disciples who will make disciples.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Collaborative catalyst – a visionary leader who is able to inspire partners to work together for greater collective impact.
- Strategic planner – the activities of all partners are coordinated to create a collective national impact.
- Effective communicator – provides reporting and promotes national vision with the constituency.
- Devoted disciple – joyful surrender to God’s calling.
- Attention to the Spirit – sensitive to God’s presence, promptings, and empowering.
- Courageous confidence – knows their identity in Christ.
- Dedicated to integrity – committed to the highest personal and professional standards.
- Practises soul-care – lives the disciplines of soul-care, self-awareness, and personal well-being.
- Proactive in conflict – views conflict as an opportunity for discovery and growth.
How to ApplyCanadian Conference of MB Churches invites applications for the position of National Staff Leader. All interested applicants should provide a resume and an expression of interest by completing the four questions provided by April 1, 2018. Applications may be submitted by mail or email to Norbert Bargen 1310 Taylor Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z6 email@example.com
259 total views, 3 today