Full-time Operations & Facilities Manager
Job Posting: Operations and Facilities Manager
Camp Nutimik a faith-based camping ministry located in the Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba is seeking an on-site, full-time Operations and Facilities Manager effective May 1, 2018. As the Operations and Facilities Manager, you will be a part of the Senior Leadership Team of Camp Nutimik and be primarily responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, construction and care for all physical facilities operational equipment, new building/activity projects and supporting utilities infrastructure at Camp Nutimik. This position performs preventative maintenance, repair, replacement, new additions from routine to skilled manual and maintenance work with all facilities on camp property including but not limited to all buildings, water system, mechanical and fuel powered equipment, and all related duties as required.
The O & F Manager works alongside the Executive Director for overall plan and direction in regards to safety, stewardship, cost comparison on repairs versus replacement and overall vision of quality of work performed. This position will oversee and be responsible for supervision of seasonal maintenance staff, volunteers as required.
Qualified candidates should be:
- A committed believer in Jesus Christ and in good standing with an Evangelical Church
- Of sound Christian character
- Called to this ministry
- A love and respect for children and youth, as well as adults.
- Able to subscribe without reservation to the Camp Nutimik doctrinal statement as well as to the principles and practices of Camp Nutimik.
Educational & Occupational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Construction and maintenance skills to include carpentry, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and automotive skills.
- Proficiency in the safe and proper use of power equipment and tools, heavy and light machinery, and building materials.
- Five years’ experience in a related field.
- Communication and relationship skills.
- An ability to coordinate and organize volunteers and projects.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain current Manitoba water certification in order to meet all provincial testing and regulatory requirements for the camp water system.
- Familiarity with and comfort using Microsoft Office and other relevant software and apps for organizing and communicating electronically.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Much physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Work requires physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to climbing/working from scaffolding, ladders, and access areas, manipulating tools and objects requiring manual dexterity, moving and managing equipment.
- Willing to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours.
- Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and other environmental conditions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- The camp will provide on-site housing and utilities including electricity, water, cell phone, and high-speed internet.
- Comprehensive health benefit package (health, dental, vision, long-term disability)
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume along with a cover letter to the attention of Wayne Eisbrenner, Executive Director; Box 35040 RPO Henderson, Winnipeg, MB R2K 4J9 or by e-mail to: HumanResources@campnutimik.com We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Closing Date: February 28, 2018
660 total views, 3 today