Full-Time Pastor of Community Life
Pastor of Community Life
The Pastor of Community Life will develop and oversee Community Outreach and Small Groups ministries for the Steinbach Mennonite Brethren Church. The primary responsibility will be to coordinate the small group ministry in cooperation with other staff. This includes welcoming newcomers to the church, and working with congregants and attenders of SMBC to help them to be connected to the SMBC church. This position will also have the responsibility for leading and training church congregants for outreach into the community.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
● Be a committed servant of Jesus Christ
● Be in good standing with the Mennonite Brethren conference/church or a conference/church of similar doctrinal beliefs
● Be eligible to satisfy the credentialing standards of the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba
● Subscribe to the theology and philosophy consistent with the Holy Scriptures and the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith
● A minimum of 5 years of ministry experience
● Have demonstrated a heart for ministry and for the church through prior experiences.
Skills and Abilities
1. Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Demonstrate skill in evangelism and discipleship.
3. Have demonstrated successful outreach in the context of a church.
4. Able to work well within a team context.
1. Together with the Lead Pastor, develop strategies to integrate visitors and congregants into SMBC.
2. Take responsibility to stimulate community and fellowship through small groups and other church and family activities.
3. Take leadership in discerning, recruiting and training leaders for small groups. This will happen in conjunction with other SMBC pastors.
4. Provide vision, leadership and training to church congregants for outreach into the community.
5. Be available for equipping and encouraging leaders on an ongoing basis, and also provide pastoral care to the congregants as needed.
6. Participate in the preaching ministry of SMBC as arranged with the other SMBC pastors.
1. The Pastor of Community Life will be accountable to the Lead Pastor and ultimately to the Leadership Team.
2. The Pastor of Community Life will work closely with other pastoral staff of SMBC.
3. The Pastor of Community Life reports administratively to the Personnel Committee.
4. Salary and Benefits will be provided according to the MB Conference grid.
Applications, including references, should be forwarded to:
How to ApplyApplications, including references, should be forwarded to: Reimer.firstname.lastname@example.org
682 total views, 23 today